Sign in to follow this  

YZ400F motor in YZ250F frame

My buddy asked today (who owns a 99 YZ400F) if an 02 YZ250F frame would fit his 400 motor. :cry: Has anyone ever does such a thing, it would be neat if it would work. The 02 is basically a rolling chassis with a blown motor that the bike shop can't fix or would be to expensive. Anyone have any input on this? I realize the carb to airbox matchup might be a problem but how about motor mounts and could a motor mount be modified to make it work? We could probably send it to Orange County Chopper's and have them rig it up but that would probably cost quite a bit. :cry: But it would be cool!

Even better than that would be to take the motor to OCC and have them build ya a bike around it. A YZ400F chopper, Cool!!!!!!! But you gotta let Mikie ride it. :cry:

I remember reading a few weeks ago about a guy in the yz450 fourm that did this with his brothers bike. Copy this post in that fourm and Im sure youll get something.

Why the old 400 had no power any how I bet the new 250's have about the same power as the old 400's had

I remember reading a few weeks ago about a guy in the yz450 fourm that did this with his brothers bike. Copy this post in that fourm and Im sure youll get something.

I don't think that's what he did. I thought he put a 400 motor in a 426 frame and then put 03 250f plastics on it. Although I think he tried to put it in the 03 250f frame and it DID NOT fit. his TT name is motocrosschump.

My dad's "old" 400f has plenty of power on tap. I can stand the wheel up and over in any gear any RMP range unlike I can on my 250f.