Sign in to follow this  

KTMS TAKE ON THE BAJA 1000?

Wouldn't be great to see KTM take on the mighty Red Machine at this years Baja 1000. Well you can and here is how it goes. Baja Pits USA is offering full service pits with dry breaks for a low $295.00. This includes service at all 17 pits from Ensenada to La Paz (60 miles apart). Baja Pits USA has been pitting off road races in the Southwest now since 1985. They come complete with all tools, welders, generators and friendly support people for your race effort. If you are interested, contact Carlos Orozco at U.S. Wheels in El Cajon, Ca. at 619-596-8033. After the race, they will be selling some of the extra IMS Dry Brakes they bought for $350.00 each (includes stand and unit). Tell him Stephen from TT referred you. :cry:

What on earth are you talking about? Are you offering pit stops in the baja race for only $300 per stop?

hmmm....let me check my schedule......yea i could make that....they got donuts at the pit stops? i like the jelleys :cry:

so you bring your own bike, pay them 295 bucks and they service it for you at the pit stops? does that in clude tires, oil, stuff like that? Sounds rather fishy... they have a website?

so you bring your own bike, pay them 295 bucks and they service it for you at the pit stops? does that in clude tires, oil, stuff like that? Sounds rather fishy... they have a website?

No fish here. Thats exactly how it works except for a couple exceptions. You provide your own spares (they pit all makes of bikes and quads along with all vehicle classes as well) before the race and tell them where you want them located at which pit. You pay for the fuel ahead of time and indicate where and how much you want at what pits (example 4 gal. per pit or 4 gallon at Pits 1,3,4,7, etc.). They run VP Race fuel in either 98 octane or 110 octane. If you need a dry break tank and reciever, let them know and they can order one and have it waiting for you here in San Diego for your install. They get dealer prices. They have oils, all lubes including chain lube in the pit along with water. It is really a good deal if you divide $295 by 17 pits. You could never get enough buddies together to equal this deal and pay them what you are paying Baja Pits USA. And if your broke down, they will help you get to a pit or the highway closest to you for your chase crew to pick you up when the pit closes. If you make it to the pit, they will assist you in getting your bike running again if it is possible. Type in Bajapits.com to find their web site. Stephen

Going down with your own crew will cost about 8-10k if you have a good size crew and you are covering, gas, hotel, and insurance...ask me how I know!

on top of that you dont have the nice resources at every single pit like a pit support club does.

300 is cheap. American Honda charges $1500.

That does sound like a whole lot of support for next to nada. Wish I had the means to take advantage!

Baja Racing is ripe for the KTM taking. The MXCs and EXCs would ripe down there. Look at LR on the KTM 950 in last years Baja 1000. 4th in Class 30 Pro on a 950! Too many Hondas down there and not enough Orange. KTM (Scott Harden) could organize something, contract the pits with Baja Pits USA, supply one guy per pit that knows KTMs in and out and clean up down there. Sell pit support cheaper than Honda and put something else on the marque for once. All it takes are racers to commit. Team up with 4-6 guys and the costs go way down. :cry: