Sign in to follow this  

HUSQVARNA WINS BAJA OVERALL *DELETED*

I met a gentleman at the National Park entrance on my way East to Mike's. He was driving a semi, and pulled over once he saw my bike sitting in front of a small grocery store.

He was a local, who just bought an '04 450 and was inquiring on my IMS tank. I was both suprised and excited to see that a local BC guy was running the 450 in the BAJA 1000!

I'm hoping he gets back to me so that I can help hook him up with the IMS 3.0... might even consider lettng him borrow mine for the cause!

F

There is one racer who races a Husky in Score. Don't know his name, but I think he races in the Sportsman Class >250 for 250s and under. Wish we could see more Huskies race down there. ron Bishop races the Baja 1000 on a Husky every year. He runs his own pit operation with 20 pit manned by old time friends.

What would it take to put up a couple Husky teams? Baja racing is ripe for the taking for the Husky TE & TCs. Born desert and cross country bikes. All they need are some racers that want to see something else on the marque besides red bikes. Team up with 4-6 racers and the costs go way down. Pit with Baja Pits USA for next to nothing, spread some tires and air cleaners around and go racing. Typically in the past, there are but two Huskys racing. One in Sportsman class and one in Class 50 Pro. We need a Class 22 Pro ( open bikes) and a Class 30 Pro (30 year old riders) to show what Husky is all about again. With the new IMS tanks that Baja Pits USA can get a dealer cost, you can make it from pit to pit. With the dry break option, your pit stops are limited to about 10 seconds each. GO HUSKY!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

The Honda boys have been pre-running for 3 weeks already.

They know every short cut in the book. (It's not cheating if the person that sees you do it doesn't speak english.) :cry:

My money is on Childress this year,on a Honda.

but as always in Baja racing, stuff happens. A berm here, a wash out here. Man made obstacles everywhere. Bikes break, a minuted to long here or there and viola, loss by 60 seconds.The point is you will never know how well the Husky does, if we always bet on the other guys. I took 6th in Class 22 in the 85 1000 on a TX 510 Husky, pre running only once. I did it with a fellow names Big Tickets. We had over 6 hours downtime at one point. And back then, you could only rae with two guys and not the 6+ allowed now. Unless Childress is running on Campbells team or Campbell breaks, crashes hard or hurts himself, I dont see that happening in this decade.

O.k.You shamed me into it. who's got a TE510? lets go race. I have pit help if needed from Yokahama, along with Baja pits.

The 510 will get 75 miles to a tank. Pits are every 50 miles +/-. Should be easy to figure out where everone should be. we only need 3 riders minimun.GO :cry:!!

Now that is a POST! :cry: Baja Pits USA cost $295.00. If you run a dry break for fast pit stops, it will cost you another $200.00 (you lease two dry break cans), your $50.00 membership fee for the year and your fuel. 17 pits, one every 60 miles or so. Easy pickings with the new IMS tank. Two bad Husqvarna wouldn't add the Score series (www.score-international.com) to their Husky Bucks. Bet you would see more Huskys entered then. Entries for their pit service (BP USA) end this coming Sunday, October 31st. Phone number again is 619-596-8033, ask for Carlos. Tell him Stephen sent you. He leased 34 dry break dump cans from IMS and only has two Honda XR 650s signed up for them so far. Need more Huskys! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: