Sign in to follow this  

Legal Dispute!

That is not a very informed thing to say....All Suzuki did was hand over blueprints to the Kawasaki guys and they took it from there. Do you think that Suzuki would have built a motor with KX clutch assy?

I also do not think nor have I seen any more "problems" with the RMZ than any other race bred four stroke. I own a MX track in Texas and I have a birds eye view of hundreds of different machines and riders every weekend. Andrew Short trains at my facility from time to time and I never saw his RMZ250's overheat or have any other problem. The same goes for Kevin Swantz and his RMZ.

I have seen the RMZ/KXF overheat on the starting line when a nervous beginner starts his bike and lets it idle for a long time. But I have also seen YZF's and CRF's do the exact same thing. In fact I have seen more people pushing CRF250's back to the truck than any other bike. Does this mean they are bad bikes and have allot of problems probably not. It probably means there are more Lemming Honda riders out there than any other.

Suzuki designed the RMZ/KXF 250 engine, but Kawasaki manufactures it ! The whole problem was rushing the bike into production. Slightly larger rads make a huge difference. Lowering the temperature in the engine help valve life. Less friction on the valve buckets have eliminated the valves pounding out.

It is interesting to hear the observations of a MX track owner.

The RMZ250 has some appeal to me as it has a lighting coil already. Or the 2004 did according to Dirt Bike (Dirt Rider?). Reports that the 250 has a lot of torque perks up my interest even more.

A first year bike had some bugs? Big surprise there.

I wouldn't be surprise if most of the over-heating problems seen on all the new MX thumper bikes are operator caused. I Unless your bike has a fan, it will not cool while sitting still.

Again, I heard Honda helped develop the frame, so why would they sue, its just more internet rumors.

I think the real reason its delayed is more like the frame breakege rumor that is floating around. Suzuki would want to make sure the frames are fine, and re-do a lot of testing, that would cause a big delay. Motor problems considering that its been raced a while, wouldn't be as big a delay.

I saw one at the MX show in San Mateo, it looked like a nice bike.

Cheers,

Suzuki has a long history with twin spar frames as do most motorcycle companies. the twin spar idea is used on street bikes...i.e. GSXR by Suzuki. I don't think they copied anybody but themselves.

Honda owns part of Suzuki, so it was in Honda's interest to help them, that's why the law suite idea is bogus.

Yamaha actually had a prototype twin spare frame bike out way before honda, not sure why they dropped it, probably felt it was too rigid.

Honda owns part of Suzuki, so it was in Honda's interest to help them, that's why the law suite idea is bogus.

Suzuki has deals with GM, Fiat, Kawasaki, and Daewoo, but not significantly with Honda. If Honda owns any shares in Suzuki, it's not material to the overall health of Suzuki.

Chow

Honda owns 35% of Suzuki motorcycle division so I doubt that they would sue Suzuki, but you never know big corporations do some stupid things......

woods_weapon_2

Where did you get that figure? GM bought 15% of Suzuki and they make the front cover of the Annual Report, Honda supposedly owns 35% of Suzuki and it's a big secret.

Chow

this is all interesting. I went with my brother and picked up his new CRF450 today. the dealer said that they will recieve no more shipments until December sometime and he believed it was because of the frame dispute with suzuki. so I called a couple of the larger california dealerships, actually three. All three had a one piece of information the same, however all three had a different answer for the other piece. All three say the boat is in with the bikes. One say's they will have them with in the week. The next says there is a dock workers strike, but the last one was very interesting. they say that honda filed a patent suit against suzuki for the frame, but suzuki has built twin spar frames forever, so they have counter sued honda for their frame. so at this time the initial shipment of hondas got out, but no more will be released by honda or suzuki until the smoke clears. I just want my friggin bike, so I am tired of all the different stories. I could start rumors, but I am just spreading what I heard from dealers.

Every Suzuki dealer I have talked states they will have the bikes before the end of November with the exception of the one dealer from texas that posted that he heard February.

I think it would be in Honda's and Suzukis best interest to post news on their websites as to the real reason for delays and what are the real dates. I am about ready to go back to a two stroke kawasaki and be happy.

They say that honda filed a patent suit against suzuki for the frame, but suzuki has built twin spar frames forever, so they have counter sued honda for their frame. so at this time the initial shipment of hondas got out, but no more will be released by honda or suzuki until the smoke clears.

Very interesting - at least all these rumors make good reading! :cry:

Also, that makes me VERY glad I got my 05 CRF450 when I did.

Yep, the CRF is a fine bike, I rode an 05 for 40 minutes at washougal, and almost changed my mind about the suzuki. I still know where one is, if this doesn't clear up soon. I think it is a huge mistake for a company to keep consumers in the dark, but i'm sure it happens all the time.

And once again these are just rumor from dealerships. I trust my dealer, I have been buying from him since 1970, and I sat in his office when he called the rep. They aren't giving the dealers the full story, but they are telling them this month.

I heard the delay was cos no one at suzuki noticed all the plastics on the RMZ were red! LOL