Sign in to follow this  

Legal Dispute!

Does anyone know if the delay in the RMZ 450 is due to a lawsuit brought on by Honda? A salesman mentioned this to me the other day. Additionally, he said it could be until Feb '05 b4 he gets his alottment.

Any one else hear this?

I was told by my dealer that a "legal dispute" with Honda is not why the release has been held up. I'm getting reports of anywhere from November to February for release...and the issue is in production.

My sources are no better than anyone else's...anyone have an inside line to check? The Suzuki bunch is very tight lipped about it all....and it kinda messes with my confidence in the 450...and whether or not I should go red instead.

Kurt

Oh boy a production issue. That could be several things I guess :cry:. Maybe I will keep my RM250 two smoke another year.

I've heard the same thing(s) as Mosher form a couple different people.

The story is that Honda is taking Suzuki to Court over the perceived similarities of the new RMZ to their CRF. Jap patent laws are really strict (not that ours aren't). Either they change the bike or pay Honda to use their designs. While all this plays out the bike supposedly will not be here till February at the earliest.

Hopefully, it's just a story/rumor & the reason they're late is b/c it's a brand new production run. I know of a couple dealers that have deposits on all of their allocations already.

Suzuki is denying the lawsuit and the latest from our regional suzuki sales manager is sometime later in november (around thanksgiving). This isnt to uncommon, suzuki did it a few years ago with the RM 250, honda did it with the CRF250 (like a year behind intial release date) and its gonna happen on the RMZ 450.

I doubt it, I heard the Suzuki approached Honda for help in building the frame, so I can't see Honda Sueing them over it afterwards and having a leg to stand on.

Suzuki didn't want to go through the whole rigid frame thing that Honda did.

Now I've also heard that Honda got help from Cdale to build there frame, so maybe the new company is sueing cause there aggreement was only with Honda?

l8r,

There is no lawsuit. Honda would have made that VERY PUBLIC especially with RC going Yellow. They are delayed due to SUZUKI being over cautious. They don't want little problems to affect the public's opinion like the Kawasaki built RMZ250. They want all the little things like jetting, valving, gearing, and ergonomics perfect the first time. The bike is amazingly light and promises great results. So Suzuki is taking its time. Rather than lose a lot of sales if the thing had issues... They would rather lose a few sales to people that are too impatient to wait.. I'm waiting. It will be a winner. Wait until you see RC kill everyone on it. Expect them in December.

I must agree with the post that Suzuki want no problems with this bike. The bike is in fact very light, and very fast. I know for a fact that the 2005 RMZ450 has the identical motor,carb and electrics to the Factory bike the GP team in Europe have been using at the last few GP's, including the exact stuff Albee rode with at the South African MX GP in September. Greg's first comments after riding the bike(5 Laps) were " Man, this thing is awesome" OK, granted the suspension and chassis on the factory bike is different to what will be stock for 05, but as said the motor etc is identical, down to the last but and bolt. That I have on good faith from various sources within the Factory squads, both in Europe(GP) and the US. The bikes will definitly be worth the wait. There has also been a bit of a hold up with the ports in Japan as well, due to the major storms they have had in some regions. Personally, I would rather wait a bit than have my RMZ450 at the bottom of the sea somewhere near Japan. I really believe the bike will be worth the wait.

They don't want little problems to affect the public's opinion like the Kawasaki built RMZ250.

You mean the same bike that Suzuki makes this claim about?

The RM-Z250 is the product of two of the most dominant racing campaigns in modern times Suzukis championship-winning motocross program and the legendary GSX-R four-stroke road-racing program.

So Kawasaki Makes the GSXR too?

Do you bullsh_t for a living, or is it just your hobby?

I think that the suzuki is gunna be amazing during its first season, it looks really good and it appears that suzuki is gunna have a pretty good chance at having more yellow bikes at the gate. The rmz450 does kinda look similiar to the crf450. Whens Kawi coming out wit a 450 they are starting to really lose the race for the best 4 strokes. They created 1 bike for them and suzuki, suzuki should make their own 250f it would probably be a lot better than the kawi designed 250f, besides yamahas patent for the 5 valve engine runs out either this year or next year so that would give suzuki a really good chance

-------------------------

04 TTR-125L

05 YZ250F (ordered)

hold on to your hats everybody cause it's almost here.....oh wait....it may already be in the warehouse now because I heard it was comming the same time as the DRZ400SM and I just heard the first shipment arived today!

There is no legal dispute ove the RMZ-450! Suzuki is just making sure that there are no problems with the bike like they had with RMZ-250. You will not see the RMZ-450 Till next year. As of today they still have not gone into production yet.

Sad to say but it is true. Suzuki has not gone public yet but the release date is sometime in Febuary/March at the earliest. Calling your dealer will not be very much help on this one either. No one is supposed to be saying anything just yet for some reason. :cry: Our regional rep is fairly tight lipped about the reasons but hinted at production/performance issues with the frame.

There is no lawsuit. Honda would have made that VERY PUBLIC especially with RC going Yellow. They are delayed due to SUZUKI being over cautious. They don't want little problems to affect the public's opinion like the Kawasaki built RMZ250. They want all the little things like jetting, valving, gearing, and ergonomics perfect the first time. The bike is amazingly light and promises great results. So Suzuki is taking its time. Rather than lose a lot of sales if the thing had issues... They would rather lose a few sales to people that are too impatient to wait.. I'm waiting. It will be a winner. Wait until you see RC kill everyone on it. Expect them in December.

Lets not forget who designed the engine: Suzuki

The chassis was made by Kawasaki, it's near identical to the kx125.

The motor is the biggest problem with the RM-Z/KX-F bikes, and Suzuki makes it. Sure it makes good power and its a good engine, as far as power delivery goes but the reliability is a joke. The rmz/kxf make the 2-stroke shine!