Sign in to follow this  

Kawasuki Parts

What-up with this? Anybody else noticed it?

My son has a DRZ125 and I had to get some new sprockets and fork seals for it. This is one of the bikes that (except for plastic) are identical between Kawi and Suzuki. I asked the shop to check prices between the two and found out that ordering through Kawasaki was a minimum of 15% cheaper, so guess who I ordered them from? The shop tells me that this price difference was for every part they checked.

Best part was when the stuff came in, the cheaper "Kawasaki" parts were all in the original SGP (Suzuki Genuine Parts) packaging!

I'm assuming this situation holds true for the KXF/RMZ and other KLX/DRZ combinations as well. I know when I was thinking of getting an RMZ the service manual for it was almost double the cost of the service manual for the KXF.

My impression over the last decade is that Suzuki must have lost significant market share in dirt bike sales, I can't help but think back (OK...w-a-y back) to when tracks were awash with yellow RM's from the novice through the pro ranks. Their current parts pricing policies (at least up here in the Great White North) sure as heck can't be helping! :cry:

Suzuki "curse"...or just bad business decisions :cry:

Actually, haven't suzuki and kawasaki begun merging? :cry: Atleast that's what the news was a couple years ago.

I believe they have technical agreements on certain models; shared R&D, Suzuki making engines (RMZ/KXF) and Kawi the chassis, Kawi "re-labelling" the DR-Z400 into a KLX-400...etc, but no true merge on the horizon as far as I have heard. They've already gone their "separate ways" in developing and manufacturing the new open class MX bikes.

they merged with for the rmz/kxf bikes. I dunno bout the pricing, kawi charged me $5 for 2 forkguard screws. I usually buy most stuff aftermarket so I don't really pay much attention to OEM prices (unless they're cheaper!)

I have a Kawi/Suzi dealer friend and he said the same thing, Kaw is always cheaper than Suzi for the same parts, Why? You tell me.

I have no idea.. I always goto Kawi for my Drz parts [if I even goto the dealer] simply because the suzuki shop's a bunch of moron a$$holes.

Might I mention, the suzuki shop in my area has all the morons. Guys don't even know what a spoke wrench is. It's kinda weird that one shop has suzuki and the other has kawasaki and there both in opposite directions from eachother.

The Kaw parts are cheaper until you get into stuff like cams, then the Kaw price is higher then Suz.