Sign in to follow this  

NJORVP Saturday - 10/16

Hi,

Remember me? Im the guy who got screwed by life last Saturday and couldn't go riding with all my thumpertalk friends. Well, Im back to say that I'll be riding this Sat. at NJORVP....unless of course destiny bends me over and goes to town on me like a gay prisoner once again.

I wont have any tasty hamburgers or fancy salads....just maybe a gallon or two of water....your welcome to have a glass if you get a little dry.

So, if anybody feels like riding at chatsworth, I'll be there...unless of course if my bike wont start, my truck gets a flat, my bike falls out of my truck, or the wawa that i stop at to buy a snack blows up while im waiting in line.

Hey Mike,

Didn't anyone tell you that if you had filed off two opposing teeth on your rear sprocket, that chain would have fit ?

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

if i dont have work i might go, but i hear it gets extremely crowded on Sundays...

I'll be there with my 2 sons. one on a PW50 and one on a TTR90. Not sure how much riding I'll actually be doing. Sometimes when I'ts just me and the kids I spend most of my time track side watching them. But somtimes that's just as much fun as riding.

Actually, if you don't bring a friend, it can be a little BORING.

Ditto on that.

Sundays the track is a zoo. Doesnt make sense but thats when everybody goes there to ride.

Sat looks like an awesome riding day sense we got a little bit of rain. But lucky for me i have to go to CT for my moms 20th year high school aniversity. Ohh well have fun guys

MAN!!THIS SUX!!! I cant go this weekend or next! That will make it over a month since i've been riding! I hate not beingable to drive. Hope I can see you guys at the track in the near future

paul, i live 1/132 of a mile away from your cousin, why dont u come here..lol

St3ve, I wanted to go to PineTree today becuase I heard alot of people would be there but just couldnt make it there.

ahhhh yes.....what a great day of riding. We got there at 2:30 and rode till close. The tracks were in great shape. The jump faces were all really good. My buddy was there when I pulled in and I was able to pass him on the first lap....the new sprocket and chain required my rear wheel to be moved up in the swingarm at least an inch....it made the bike turn incredible! I was feeling great until the bike slide out on me in a turn. I didn't crash, but after sliding the wheel stuck and I almost highsided. The motion wrenched me....I didn't feel anything when it happened but when I went to stand up for the next jump, it felt like I had a knife stuck in the base of my spine.....whew, I almost crashed then....I limped of the track to my truck but I couldn't get off of my bike. The pain was paralyzing! Wow, never felt anything like that before. I popped two advils and stretched for about 15 minutes....then went out and did about 15 laps....F-it...as long as I can twist the throttle, Im riding!

I felt like I needed a stretcher to get out of the truck when I got home....I feel like I have back-lock...lots of ben gay tonight...Im supposed to go back to NJORVP in the morning!

Did you have your son with you, I saw a 50 with metal mulisha graphics. I thought that was pretty funny.

I was there with one of my sons on this TTR90. We had a great time. He bounced between the beginner and the intermediate track. Mostly because every once in a while some :moon:'s with large quads would come blast around the intermediate track so I would pull him off for a while.

I ride Paragon, and Towercity alot but have never spent any real time on a track, except for a few spins aroud the MX track at rausch creek, but that was way to much for me. MX is someting that I want to get into so the NJORVP intermediate track was perfect for me as well. I think we will be there next weekend as well so maybe I will work my way up from the kiddie track to the big track :cry:. Not sure why the MX thing is so daunting to me, on the trails I will do just about anything (and have been for years)but with MX it's taking a while. Maybe it's just age or nerves but I'll keep at it untill I get good, then I'll decide if I like it.

hah...yes that was probably my son. If you saw him I was probably within a few feet of him. I took him over to the intermidiate track when we got there but he only did a lap or two. He was really whiney...he kept saying he wanted to ride, but when we got out on the tracks, he kept stopping and whineing that something was wrong. Then he said he wasn't feeling good, so I took him back to the truck and he watched a movie with my wife and daughter. I thought he was tired but he had an asthma attack on the way home so he must have felt it coming....poor little guy! I did a bunch of laps on the big track...I was parked right by the entrance. Iknow what you mean about track riding....since I started riding tracks, I get bored riding woods. I can't get enough of bermed turns, jumps, and whoops!

Let me know when you head out there next and maybe we can meet up. I'll bring my kid too. When he's feeling good, he rips.

Should be there this weekend, not sure if it will be sat or sunday. But I just got my new TT fender stickers for my WR so if maybe I'll run into a few of the other TT'ers there.

Hopefully i will get to go next sat. Its been a week and 2 days since ive been riding so i starting to go trough withdraw. Hope to see some fellow TTr's there. What day is everyone shooting for?

:cry:

I went last weekend and found the intermediate track pretty good but there was like one actual jump, can anyone tell me what the big track is like?

I'm trying to get down there next Saturday. I am so wishing that I can go because its been over a MONTH!!!!! :cry: :cry: