Sign in to follow this  

Just got a Brand New 04!

Well this is my first post on this board. Just got a brand new 04 CRF250X last night! I have not even really rode it yet except around the lot at the dealer. I think I bought it at a pretty good price, less than 5k out the door. Anyway, I see from the post I am going to be learning about valves/fourstrokes in a big way :cry: . Any suggestions as first mods?

Malibu3

Open the airbox, remove exhaust baffle, and install JD jetting kit. You will be suprised at the difference. As far as the reported problems with the bike like valves for example, ours is still pretty new but shows no sign of any problems. Valves still in spec. Keep it well maintained and judge for yourself. I got kinda freaked about reading all the problems after my son bought one but have not experienced any of it (yet). Remember people that have problems sqweek the loudest (as I would) but this is good because it causes the rest of us to watch and maintain the bikes better. Mike in Modesto :cry: P.S. 5000$ OTD where the hell so cheap?

that's a little high for this time of year. There were dealers that were offering 4900 OTD back in july.

Sure they were...where?

Mike in Modesto :cry: P.S. 5000$ OTD where the hell so cheap?

Yes, extremely good price or at least here in California. I've just got off the phone with the local dealers and the best price I found was $5799 OTD for an 04 CRF250X. On the 05s they are wanting $6800-$7100.

Anyone now why such price variations from Cali to other states?

I got it at funmartcycle.com in Moline, IL. Good guy to work with that is for sure. Tim is the name of the owner. Only problem I have had thus far is how lean it is stock. I am a little worried about even riding it until I get it rejetted. I ordered the JD Kit but right now if my bike sits and idles just for a couple minutes the header will be glowing. :cry:

Anyway!

Nice to meet you guys.

Yeah you can buy the bike out the door for $4900, but it will come in a crate. And the other catch is they are all sold out!