Sign in to follow this  

2001 YZ stock jets

Hey guys, my brother's 250F is having some starting problems and idles way to high even with the idle screwed turned down. It's probably related to his carb; we bought it used and aren't sure what jets are stock.

If someone would be so kind as to post the jet numbers and stock jet needle ID, that would be awesome! I searched the site and have numbers for the 2002 250F but I'm not sure if they are the same (I don't think so).

Thanks! 😢

42PJ, ELP clip 4, 175MJ

try a 40PJ, ELP 4 and the 175 for something more inline with the '02 and on models. make sure the fuel screw is 1.75 turns out to start with and all is clean inside along with the use of fresh fuel. 😢

like what?

i just gave you all 3 (pilot jet, needle and main jet).

oh, if it is very hard to start (ie won't) you may have a plugged pilot air jet. to rememdy this, remove the air box boot from the carb. unscrew it and dunk it in whatever you use to clean the air filter. re-assemble.

I know the 3 you gave me are the most likely to need adjusting but I was also hoping you might have numbers for the pilot air jet, the starter jet, leak jet and main air jet.

Thanks for your help though. 😢