Sign in to follow this  

Thank God I live here!

Some of you may recall that alophind (from Israel) asked for some help getting some parts shipped to him. I just finally got the package shipped, USPS, and it was $35 for an 8 Lb. small box! :cry: I had to shave a box down to fit the total dimension limit, it will take close to 2 weeks to get there, and it took a couple of weeks for everything to get to me! :cry:

So, next time you buy something on the net and it's on your doorstep for a couple of bucks in a couple of days, remember it ain't always that way! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Some of you may recall that alophind (from Israel) asked for some help getting some parts shipped to him. I just finally got the package shipped, USPS, and it was $35 for an 8 Lb. small box! :cry: I had to shave a box down to fit the total dimension limit, it will take close to 2 weeks to get there, and it took a couple of weeks for everything to get to me! :cry:

So, next time you buy something on the net and it's on your doorstep for a couple of bucks in a couple of days, remember it ain't always that way! :cry::lol::cry:

ok , ok ... I got it...

No need for hints...

How much 2 beers cost in the U.S ?!

:cry:

Yeah, but just think how cheap you could by a camel if you lived there :cry:

Marlboro is better :cry:

bds01.jpg

Everybody's got advantages and disadvantages.

When I'm out on the bikes, I'm thinking "Fall off and break the bike - $$$. Fall off and break myself - pain!" I don't think "Fall off and break myself - pain and $$$" because we get fixed up free on the UK National Health Service. :cry:

It doesn't mean I go any quicker (still painful) but you guys must lie awake worrying about your health insurance and whether it's going to pay up if you break a wrist or a collarbone.

I'd hate to have to read the small print before I twisted the grip! :cry:

Ian

Everybody's got advantages and disadvantages.

It doesn't mean I go any quicker (still painful) but you guys must lie awake worrying about your health insurance and whether it's going to pay up if you break a wrist or a collarbone.

/quote]

Not really a concern...honestly. You pay the same whether you use it or not. It usually takes chronic illness or disease to cause a company to raise you premiums.

By the way...what is your tax rate over there for this "Free medical care?"

we pay for it in the form of "national insurance" contributions which is compulsory another words a "tax" the upside is that no matter what every one here in Great Britain gets treated regardless of how the injury happened and no concearn if you are covered with health insurance. Downside is that certain parts of our medical system are woefully underfunded and/or under equipped there are waiting lists here in GB that can be 18 months or so for medical procedures :cry:

I think I'll also take the opportunity to let everyone know how funny and entertaining Eran is......I PM'd him and said I'd be happy to help him out any time as long as there wasn't anything bigger than the gas tank I just shipped! He responds with a PM that he's just ordered SM wheels shipped to my house :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thanks Eran, I was thinking I needed a second set, I hope they're black Excels :cry::lol: :lol:

Actually...here in canada it is payed for per month, like a premium. Fortunatly it is dirt cheap and bracketed by income. Before i started working I payed nothing. During wokr 40 dollars per month. Then back in univ i'm back to paying nothing.

Good stuff :cry:

I think I'll also take the opportunity to let everyone know how funny and entertaining Eran is......I PM'd him and said I'd be happy to help him out any time as long as there wasn't anything bigger than the gas tank I just shipped! He responds with a PM that he's just ordered SM wheels shipped to my house :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thanks Eran, I was thinking I needed a second set, I hope they're black Excels :cry::lol: :lol:

O U T I N G :lol:

Now everyone knows my name , BRIAN !!! :lol:

So, next time you buy something on the net and it's on your doorstep for a couple of bucks in a couple of days, remember it ain't always that way! :cry: :cry: :cry:

You're right about us Israelis having hard time getting parts. We also pay more than double the price of the bike itself because of local taxes. However, not everything sucks. We can still ride almost anywhere, which may be a bit of a problem in some parts of the world. :cry:

If you ever happen to be riding in Israel, you can find almost any kind of terrain within riding distance. Can't get enough of it. :cry:

So, next time you buy something on the net and it's on your doorstep for a couple of bucks in a couple of days, remember it ain't always that way! :cry::lol::cry:

You're right about us Israelis having hard time getting parts. We also pay more than double the price of the bike itself because of local taxes. However, not everything sucks. We can still ride almost anywhere, which may be a bit of a problem in some parts of the world. :cry:

If you ever happen to be riding in Israel, you can find almost any kind of terrain within riding distance. Can't get enough of it. :cry:

...And no noise limitaions that I'm aware off :lol::cry:

I think our press, and Ahem, the democrats, have the insurance "crisis" slightly exaggerated. Yes, medical insurance can be expensive here, yes, prescription drugs can cost alot. However, there are still an awful lot of people who have affordable health insurance. Through the company I work for, I pay about $20 per month, for medical, dental, and vision. I have a brother, who technically is poor, he has health insurance for himself (through his job), he is divorced, and has 3 daughters, they have medical insurance also, which is funded through the state of Arizona. When I ride, I worry about pain, and the potential for a really long term recovery, and of course what it may cost to fix the bike. I don't stress the medical costs either. These same people will lead you to believe that 5.6% unemployement is high. COME ON! :cry::cry:

Amen to that!

And I see you're also a night-owl. :cry:

And I see I have 10 times more posts then you :cry: