Titanium Shock Springs?

You have the lightest full size bike on the market and you want to make it two pounds lighter! That's awesome! You should put Ti axels and bolts on, strip it of any guards (like the rear rotor, case saver), maybe get that shock spring, and weigh it. You should be able to hold it in your arms and stand on the bathroom scale, then weigh yourself and find the difference. I think that I would spend the money on a revalve and steel spring before I bought a Ti spring with stock valving for mine. It would be cool to have the lightest bike around though.

I can already hold it in my arms but I'm afraid I would break the scale. Ok, I admit I'm a little big for the tiddler but I still have fun wringing it out. With that in mind every pound I take off the bike just makes it easier to pull my 180 LBS. I already have Ti sprocket bolts and will no doubt get the Ti swingarm pivot bolt from Yamaha.

Do you think that the competition will take notice when I carry my bike to the starting line? Maybe I can fit a suitcase handle to the top of the gas tank. ?

--KT--