Sign in to follow this  

It was bound to happen...kinda long

Last night at the local track I unwillingly decided to test the strength of the radiators. Been riding for about month now and have been pretty careful as I know I have to go work and pay bills, you know responsible adult stuff. So I am about 3 laps into the 15 minute practice session when I came to a big berm before a whoop section. I had never had a problem with this corner before, mainly since I never really tried hard to go as fast as I could around it. This time however I had another rider on my right side and wanted to pick up the pace a bit to see what I could do. Coming into the corner(right turn)I was on the left and on the high side of the berm so I fed it all kinds of throttle and everything was going as planned until I tried to muscle the bike around the corner.

Thinking back I know I turned the front too much and it just dug in....weeeeeeeee, off the bike I went. I rolled down the berm into the path of two other guys just behind me, who stopped just in time to not run me over. As I ran back to the bike it was laying on it's side and to my surprise it was still running. I grabbed the clucth, picked it up, and pushed it off to the side. It looks like I pulled one of the rubber mounts out of alingment in the top triple tree, so my (brand new) Pro Tapers looked bent. When I got back to the pits I took a closer look at the bike and feared that I had bent or broke the right side radiator as I went down hard. Not a scratch on it...whew! I tried my best to get the bars pretty close to straight as I still wanted to ride the next practice. The front fender is WAY out of alignment with the rest of the bike and I cracked my plastic throttle tube. So who makes the best throttle tube(aluminum)? Whats the best way to correct the fenders direction, just grab it and twist? This is my first crash on the bike and man does it suck. Hasn't been a good day at work being all sore.

Dano

Whats the best way to correct the fenders direction, just grab it and twist? This is my first crash on the bike and man does it suck. Hasn't been a good day at work being all sore.

One way is to loosen all the fork pinch bolts and axle pinch bolts up and straighten it out on a stand.

Another way is to turn the bars all the way in the direction you want to move it and kick the front wheel.

I cracked my plastic throttle tube. So who makes the best throttle tube(aluminum)?

I really HATE plastic throttle tubes!

I have a Moose tube on my X and i have also ran a Fastway tube on my last bike,i think any aftermarket one is better then plastic.You'll like the clean smooth action of the aluminum over the plastic tube.

:cry: