Sign in to follow this  

port and polish

hey guys i have a 2004 yz 250f and i only race MX with that bike. i have a chance to get my bike port and polish for like nothing. what would it do to my bike if i clean it up.

It will rev quicker and give a few extra ponies. Think of it as a really good pipe that increases power across the powerband and doesn't increase the sound-levels.

One thing to be aware of, if you added teeth to the rear sprocket, you'll probably need to drop a tooth. I had a 50, but once it was ported I ran out of gears real quick. 49 is the sweet spot.

Darryl

Depending on how the guy does it. You can reshape a port for better low mid or top end power, but usually with porting its all around power. I have mine done and the porting by itself compares the same as my Dr.D exhuast on my 01 yz250f. Very good power mod especially if you getting it for cheap.

yea the guy im gettting it done by is a pro at this stuff. he been doing it for over 50 years. he is good so i dont have to worrie about that.

also im getting the yoshi trs proseries full system for really cheap to. so thats going to add to it to

also what does the polishing do, im new to this stuff so help me out :cry:

you polish the exhaust port so that it reflects the heat of the exhaust gas and doesnt absorb it's heat cooling it down.

You want the exhaust gas to stay hot, as hot gas travels faster than cool gas and clears out of the cylinder better. Leaving more room for fresh air/fuel mix on the intake cycle, more room for fresh air/fuel mix higher hp.

It's the same reason I wrap the header and midpipe with header tape on our bikes. The goal is to move as much fuel/exhaust as possible, and to move it as fast as possible.

Will raping the pipe help much?

Depends on how hard up you are. Just dont forget to slap the seat and yell "who's yo daddy!" :cry:

It does if you have done other things as well. Just wrapping a stock bike wont get much, but it will give you the protection from instant 3rd degree burns though.

"slap the seat , and yell whos your daddy" that was funny as hell I was still chuckling about his "raping" lol your follow up post was great!!