Sign in to follow this  

You won't be able to ride on your own property in Riverside ....

You won't be able to ride on your own property in Riverside

Riverside county is about to change an ordinance that would drastically restrict, and / or orliminate riding on your OWN PROPERTY<font color="black"> :cry: :cry: :cry:

:naughty:We can't let this happen!!!! If this passes, San Diego County will likely be next. :cry:

ALL RIDING AREAS ARE IN SERIOUS DANGER.

We have to stop this now before we all have to sell our bikes or move to BFE!

TRy to attend the meeting or at least e-mail this yo-yo and tell him what an assinine idea this is.

Here's the complete lo-down:

http://www.supercross.com/news.php?id=263

The City of Hesperia has just passed an ordinance that states you must have 22+ acres in order to ride on it. Bastages :cry:

hi christi-

didn't get to meet you last week, but you have some awesome riding down there. i sent e mail to mr balys explaining the bad things that happened here in northern ca. because of land closures. all the kids that cant ride here anymore are now little gang turds with loud music and louder attitudes. dirtbikes in the distance would have been better for everyone. good luck!

tommo

Is there anyone here that can write an effective form letter? I'll bet we could get a lot more people to send the guy email if it were as easy as cut and paste!

ya know SoCal and the Bay area is the real BFE when it comes to dirt bikes......and areas you may think of as BFE are really heaven when it comes to dirt bikes

I've left messages with both Mark Balys and Robert Johnson expressing my NON support for this ordinance as well as reasons why. Suggest you all email or do the same, there is no excuse not to.

We do need to stop this. Just got back recently from a visit in upstate NY (Rochester). There, you need 40+ acres to do anything on your own land without the county or city telling you what you can and cannot do. That includes bow hunting and anything else. :cry:

Is there anyone here that can write an effective form letter? I'll bet we could get a lot more people to send the guy email if it were as easy as cut and paste!

That's a great idea Todd.

We, at Applied Racing, are working on summarizing the whole ordinace in simple terms so we can all see how really screwed up this is. Between the parcel size restrictions and insane noise restrictions, motorcycling will be eliminated PERIOD!

I just drafted the letter below and emailed it to the contact information given on the link Christi provided... I encourage all TTers to 'cut and paste' as much of it as you desire into your own email before this Weds' meeting!! Lets show some support & a consolidated front for our friends in Riverside!! :cry:

Please change it up a little, though, so it doesn't look exactly the same, and do your own research if you have the time... I just skimmed the ordinance and this is what I came up with! :cry:

Dear Mr. Balys;

I am writing to express my extreme displeasure with the proposed amendment to ordinance No. 348.

First, the amendment is much to restrictive. It would virtually ban all use of off-road vehicles on private property in Riverside County, an unfair and inequitable result for the many hundreds, if not thousands, of off-road vehicle enthusiasts who live in Riverside. I know of many people personally who purchased homes and several acres of property in Riverside County for the express reason that the County was 'OHV friendly'. To ban all OHV activity on lots smaller than 5 acres would be inequitable to those who already own homes in the County, even if it survives a constitutional challenge, and slow further growth.

Second, there are MANY less restrictive measures that can be enacted instead of the ordinance. The ordinance as proposed would effectively ban all recreational OHV use of private property. For example, the requirement of having all riding occur out of sight would make it nearly impossible for anyone to enjoy their property as they desire, even if they purchased twenty acres of land. One would have to purchase an entire valley, which is simply impossible for most people. The time restrictions would effectively prohibit all working people from enjoying their chosen sport, as it would only be allowed during normal working hours. Being that the proposal as written is so ridiculously and unreasonably restrictive, Amendment to Ordinance No. 348 should be denied and other alternatives explored.

Finally, the proposed Amendment is overbroad in scope. A noise limit of 65 db would effectively prohibit many highway legal motorcycles, (i.e. Harley Davidsons) from being driven to the edge of the property line. Construction would be impaired, as no diesel engine meets that restriction. People would be unable to use chain saws or table saws on their own property.

In sum, for the above reasons and many more I adamantly request you deny the proposed Amendment to Ordinance No. 348, and work with the OHV community to develop sane, logical measures to meet the common objectives of all.