Sign in to follow this  

05 YZF250

picked my 2005 yz250f today (ohio) my son's really but we have not rode it yet. tomorrow we are going riding and will compare it to our 03 250f

A bunch of the shops in Orlando, FL claimed to be getting them this week when I was looking for my 04 last week. Seminole Powersports specifically claimed to be getting 8 of them in... Don't know how accurate their claims are considering they knew I was looking for an 04 and they were out of them, but if you live within a few hours and are looking, give em a call.

8? LOL dude dont be mislead buy a guy that wants your deposit.

Orlando yamaha moves more bikes through their doors than the rest combined, they are the #1 dealership. They get 1's and 2's just like the rest of the dealers.

If you have cash, you can get a dealer to borrow from another one. Otherwise you have to hit the phone and hope the guy you are talking to isnt a smack artist like the "we got 8 coming" is.

try calling around, dont leave out champions out by the turnpike. :cry:

i got my 2005 yz250f about a month ago from my sponser. they are all over oregon and washington. we also have a 2003. The 05 suspension and power is way better and it seems to handle better.

YZ250F_Rider,

Ahh, you are local to Orlando huh? Maybe one day you can show me how to ride my bike!!!

I was only shopping around to compare the bike I ended up buying to a brand new 2004. Mine supposedly had less than 10 minutes on it since the previous owner busted his knee and was told by a doctor to give up mortorcycles before he did any more damage to the knee.

The bike is in awesome condition, clean as anything, so I was comparing prices. No shop in orlando had an 04 in stock but they all tried to sell me 05's!

I take the fact that I cannot find an 04 in stock anywhere to be a good thing, because I can still find 03 Kawasakis and Honda's around.

sure man, I can show you how to fall as good as anyone can. :cry:

I'm going to croom saturday and somewhere sunday (maybe mxworld) so if you wanna ride lemmie know.

I'll be up in Washington DC starting Saturday for 10 days, but we will have to hook up. I need to get my shiny bike dirty. :cry:

And I can fall down better than anyone, it's all about how you fall and the style points you get for it!

LMAO

Still waiting for mine, as of Wednesday it still hadn't shipped to CT yet.

Starting to think about bailing out on mine. Yamaha's marketing games are a joke.

Just picked mine up yesterday in Wheeling, WV. Dealer got two on his first shipment and I was on the list. :cry: So it looks like they're showing up in the East now.

Paid $5275 OTD (no tax or title if you're buying from out of state in WV) Now to strip it down and lube it. Haven't even sat on it yet!

John

Got mine this week,

I have only gone through one tank of gas.But let me tell you about the suspension,everyone kept talking about the front forks..... :cry: Man what a set of forks I know they have yet to be broken in but man they hanlde the small stuff with delicacy and will rebound from a 25'footdouble (big for me)that i came up short and was thinking here we GO..but the soaked it right up and i did not miss a beat ??

The power feels more like a rocket ship to me than a gradual acceleration. more like a 2 stroke kind of "hit" all the way from bottom to top , if that makes sense ?

And man what a joy to start (starts within 1-2 kicks), i was riding a friends "older" 4 stroke and by the time i got that thing started i needed a rest.

Seat height... i am 5'5 and was all over this board asking about how to lower my suspension. NOT NEEDED it fits just fine.

Looking forward to more seat time :cry:

smiley

what i dont understand,the yz250f is the best selling bike yamaha makes, yet they still are the last bikes on the floor and there are only two alloted to each dealer. its up setting

:cry:

It's got to be the area. cause if you dont throw the money down 6 months early in orlando you wont get one that year.

Ain't like that in SoCal. You could still actually find brand new '03 YZ450s up 'til a couple months ago, and there's quite a few '04 450s left right now. But if you go looking for an '04 YZ250F, pack a lunch, cuz they long gone, Jack.