Virtue Flat OHV Area

I don't live to far from Baker City Oregon but have never rode that area. I wish I could help you out but I'm kinda waiting for someone to post up too. That way I will know if it's worth going to too. ?

Yes, I rode up there last April. I had never been there before and never been back again. Too far from home.(all day drive) Loved the riding area. There is one

spot up near the highway where the trail looks like it ends but it really drops down into a rain washed gully about 8 feet deep. It was a real blast to ride, except for the occasional large rock in the trail around a blind corner. I would go back again as I enjoyed it a whole bunch.

I ride with a guy who is on the Oregon State O.H.V. allocation commitee, so he knows about all of these cool places all over the state.

We were there on a Friday and never saw another rider, but it was being used. At that time it was a brand new O.H.V. riding area. I'm sure that it gets used a whole lot more now. At that time all over the trails were bike built, none made with Quads or Trail building machines. I'm sure that by now the quads have torn the HELL out of it.

Jim

I have rode there alot , my wifes sisters husband is a fire fighter for baker city so when we go visit we (I) ride. ?.

Its neat and some good trails, the trench is great but look out for jeeps ( yes seen them in there ). There is also a major amount of goat heads near the parking area and so called drag area that will punture your tires so you might want to take extra tubes.

Have fun and go on a day when the wind is blowing hard! ?

John