Sign in to follow this  

permatex?

If I was better with computers I could post the instructions that TTmemeber Hollywood posted. 1/16 thick even layer of permatex 16b[black smelly stuff] clean casings with clean rag and good no residue brake cleaner then tape cfc in place and let set for 4-5 hours. Hope that helps :cry:

I just put on some of those doctors exam gloves,(makes me nervous whenever I hear that snap sound :cry: :cry:) and goop it on and smear it to the proper thickness and stick em on, you do have some limited time to adjust the plate a little if needed, then ya do a little cleanup around the edges. once kinda cleaned up the excess I stuck some masking tape on both sides to make sure it doesn't slip and let it sit overnight,,,I think 24 hrs is full curing time but 12 or so should be good. Then go ride with the comforting thought that your delicate case covers are reasionably safe :cry: :thumbsup:Now ya get on the horn to unibiker and order up a set of his radiator guards because if ya trash them they are 300 smackers per side.... :cry:

Thanks for filling in the parts I couldn't remember on th cfc piont and the radiators are they pretty easily damaged on this bike? :cry:

I put mine on as directed then put some duct tape on there. The main reason I did that was I went riding right away. There was absolutly no slippage of any kind. Took off the duct tape the next day. looked everything over looked just like when I put them on but with a little bit of duct tape glue on them. Big whoop went riding again. prairiedawg :cry: :cry:

I imagine it is the same concern you should have with radiators on ANY dirt bike. NO more no less. $85 protection VS $300 replacment per side?

You do the math.

Anyone know how hard it is to remove the case covers? I just got a new magneto cover and need to move the CFC over to that. Just want to make sure I can remove it from the old cover without bending it.

Provided you installed it properly in the first place...good luck. It should be pretty much impossible to get it off in any kind of usable fashion.

A long thin putty knife should get between the covers. Work your way around and it will pop off with no damage and you can use it again. :cry:

heat it up first,,,either run your bike for a bit prob the best way or use a butane flame to heat it up then use a 1 or 2 inch scraper and gently tap it in...

i took out the good ole 409 (it cuts grease!) and cleaned the hell out of the sides... (by the way 409 works wonders).

Then i took the Permatex 16B and put a big gooping heap on the cfc's... smired it around with my figure...

Stuck it to the case. whiped the edges off with a paper towel... and was done...

The easiest modification i've done yet.

Sorry, forgot that part, I used brake cleaner before I applied mine, bottom line is to use something that leaves no residue on it,,,, :cry: