Sign in to follow this  

I am pumped!

Saturday will be my first ride after going from stock to...

Suspension dialed in

49 tooth sprocket

Scotts stabilizer

11oz flywheel weight

Flexx Bars with hand guards

Maxxis 120

O-ring chain

I am PUMPED! :cry:

Wild Wash Road or Stodard Wells Road. Just past Victorville on the way to Vegas.

Wanna join us?

im game to go...what time?

How many miles you lookin at covering? If you are only looking at covering 30ish...I gotta loop much closer to home...we can run it twice for 60 miles...dont matter to me, but its gotta be done early before the squids get out.

We have a noobie going with a YZ125 so the loops will have to be in his range. I have no idea how far that will be.

Usually we would do 3 maybe 4 30-40 mile loops and also play around by the truck on some jumps or trackes or whatever we can find.

We're pretty much set on Stoddard or Wild Wash because we have not been there in quite a while. and it's closer then Johnson Valley time wise.

Do you know either area or have a preference?

What city are you in? We are leaving Yorba Linda around 6:15

I know johnson valley and victorville/barstow like my hand!

The route I had in mind starts at the 138 and 15..goes under the 15 and up onto the ridge and into phelan to a nice hill climb and back through some awesome single track...

def a workout in the whoops and its beginner freindly since a fire road parrallels the whole trail so if you cant hack it you can take the fire road.

Its your ride...you tell me your plans. I jsut mentioned my trail since its 30 minutes closer.

I was told that that area isn't red sticker friendly until Oct. 30th. Do you know if it is? I am red stickered and the gut with the YZ is red and doesn't even have a spark arester, so we where a little gun shy about that area, as we were also told that the rangers fequent it.

I don't know if the YZ guy will be able to handle the long rides, so we also need a place where he /we can put around camp.

I am open to going there if it works, but I will have to check with the others.

Jeff

probably a good point...I usually roost it after work and rangers arent anywhere to be seen. No spark arrestor is an issue anywhere in the dez!

The rangers up there are pretty lax im told from people who have got stopped...usually red sticker isnt an issue but spark arrestors are. If I saw a ranger I wouldnt be stopping to chit chat thats for sure!

If my ol man can ride the trail with carpal tunnel...a newbie 125er can ride it! My buddies daughter roosted the whole trail including the hill climb on a yz 125!!

Why no spark arrestor?

If you go up to dale evans or stoddard wells...whats your plan for a loop? truck to slash x to outlets and back?

Ive got a buddy who ribboned a 12 mile loop for practicing over the summer before the dez races started up...we could hit that off dale evans.

I have seen many campers at Wild Wash Road when I pass by. How is the riding there compared to Stoddard Valley across the freeway? It seems like most people take a main road to the West. Where does it go?

Do you guys ever go riding at El Mirage in Adelanto? Much closer than Barstow and they have 2 awesome loops. Great for kids as well as racing your buddies thru the loops.

wild wash to the west gets you into redneck shootem up area!

thats where all the guys with their assault rifles and bunkers of ammunition go shoot!

Do you guys ever go riding at El Mirage in Adelanto? Much closer than Barstow and they have 2 awesome loops. Great for kids as well as racing your buddies thru the loops.

not enough area there to ride anymore...I havent been in probably 8-10 years...thats why they dont put on races there anymore...they took all the good stuff away!

They still have races there, I was there last weekend and they had the trails ribboned. Anyways, still good fun for a quick trip.

Hey, If I can pull it off, mind if I tag along?

I could use a good desert ride. Last time I was out there me and Boudroux rode from Johnson Valley to SlashX to Barstow proper (we missed the outlet mall) went back to the outlet mall, had lunch at the In-n-Out and back to Johnson Valley. Hell of a ride.

How's about it?

Lets do Wild Wash and lunch at Slash X.

Leaving Yorba Linda @ 6:15 +/-

Kritter - YZ is riding his brothers bike, I have no idea why no spark arrestor. He's new!

Shawn_MC - The more the better.

Whoever is in call me @ 714/289-9000 (push ext. 15 when the auto attendant answers or your in for a horrible phone ride) I'll be in and out today until about 4:30.

My cell is 714/746-0221. Try work first.

:cry:

Jeff

If you go up to dale evans or stoddard wells...whats your plan for a loop? truck to slash x to outlets and back?

Ive got a buddy who ribboned a 12 mile loop for practicing over the summer before the dez races started up...we could hit that off dale evans.

Whatever loop you want. That 12 miles sounds good. Haven't ridden Dale Evens since it was Boulder Road

ok I gotta pass this time...gotta be home by noon for a bday party for my Granpa! How about a slash x breakfast run...I can swing that and be home on time!

I may just hit up the local trail for a quick jaunt and come back if the breakfast run is too early for ya guys.

If it was just me i'd go along for your ride, but I won't even be able to talk to one guy going until tonight, so I got to stick to the plan with him.

Sorry.

I'd still like to do the Phelan ride another time. PM me or post it and i'm there.

Later

Jeff