Sign in to follow this  

GPS and Mapping Software

I wanted to start a thread where people can post what software they are for GPS and/or mapping.

I'm currently using Microsoft Steets and Trips and USA Photo Maps.

USAPhotoMaps will automatically download aerial photos or topo maps from Microsoft's Terraserver from coordinate starting point, and then fill up the screen with as much map info as you desire. The software has features to download/upload waypoints.

I use the National Geographic TOPO map software. So far it has worked perfectly for me. It is the first map software I have seen that has adequate detail on single track trails. It is easy to use and prints nice, readable maps that I can carry in my pocket for easy reference.

I use a garmin V with a TT mount on mine, works pretty well, usually have topo loaded, but don't really need to know there is a creek onmy screen when I see the sumbitch in front of me.

Just bought a Garmin Quest. Very impressive in the car. Waiting on a mount for the bike.

I also use Terrain Navigator and an IPAQ for topo maps on the bike. A bit expensive but extremely capable. My bittest problem with the IPAQ and other PPCs is that the screen washes out in sunlight.