Sign in to follow this  

49r Enduro at elkins flat next sunday Oct 24 - Road crossing duty

Hey anyone riding the 49er enduro, put on by the Polka Dots MC Club, next weekend? If so watch for me and boomer guarding road crossing #6. That's a mid day crossing point. Say hey as you fly by! :cry:

looks like mother nature will bring some showers too this week - good news.

I'll be there, 77c. I'm glad to here there's rain in the forcast, I still remember the dust of '99.

wow all the way from oregon? 77C I'll remeber that number. Have a good event.

Looks like I'll be working road crossing #2, just up the road from you BigBob. This one is pretty early in the course, and after the sweep riders go by I'll be pulling arrows(that's how I'll get some riding in). :cry:

The rain better come through next week. Without it the event will probably have to be cancelled again.

sweet. thanks for working the event bob. if it rains between now and then, i may show up. not preentering, but i'll be in the A's somewhere if i make it. it's hard to resist some sweet sierra singletrack since i live in a flat dusty wasteland with absolutely no good trails of any kind. :cry:

mw

The dust of 99 was nothing compared to 91. If you made it up the goat trail to gas that year you were almost assured of a trophy. Lots of ruined engines after that race and only about a 50% finisher rate. We worked for weeks to repair the trails.

We won't hold another event without rain even if the Forest Service allowed it due to safety and post event repairs. Looks like rain and a go right now with the rain forcasted for early next week.

some shower activity on sunday the day after tomorrow 10/17 now is forecasted too in da foothills....... :cry: oh boy oh boy oh boy..... :cry:

I rode that event in '99 and can validate how miserable the dust was. I can't fathom how much worse it could have been in '91. That's scary.

I applaud the Dot's decision to not run the event last year in the dust. That move illustrated the club has great concern for the riders and the land.

I hope we get enough rain next week to permit the event to be run and to grant the Dot's with the opportunity to host a great event. As too, I'm looking forward to participating as a worker in the event.

Watch out BigBob, I'm gonna raid your beer cooler.

hey, I'll hand you a cold one on the way though my crossing!! You can win the event one handed right? :cry::cry:

hey, I'll hand you a cold one on the way though my crossing!! You can win the event one handed right?

Nope, not that event. I'll be working it just as you will be. But you could still hand one to me, that way I don't have to fight off Boomer first.

YEP BIGBOB THE KING OF THE ROAD CROSSINGS! :cry: I bet BgBob was the Hall Monitor Leader and the Best Crossing Gaurd around :cry: For you younger people it's ok if you don't know what that is :cry: Hey Bob just think there will most likely be a lot less of those mosquito's then when you worked the Fools Gold (Thanks Again) :cry:

Kraig "Dam we cancelled the Traing Wheels Again!" Yep we had to some guy named BigBob treatend to ride it. :cry:

yeah, well it's the thought that counts...I'll ride some event someday......maybe next year with my new dirt bike whatever that is.

Kraig if you sell the husaberg, will you get a another bike? if so, what.......are ya thinking of? or are ya plenty happy with the husky.

Hey Bob still haven't sold the Husaberg but realy have not tried (makes the wife happy). I love the Husky TE450 but the Husaberg 501 with the revloc is so easy to ride, just tractors up any hill and over any rock and I never stall it. I still keep stalling Husky as I forget to pull in the clutch. If you ever het interested in a new Husky or Husaberg call Dan at Motoxotica and tell him UnkleMoose sent ya. Husaberg still 4 sale $4000, around $9000 invested, many extras and dual sported.

Kraig