Sign in to follow this  

Knobby Hill to reopen in 2005 !!!

I just talked with Tom at Indy Cycle North in Westfield, IN. He is planning to re-open Knobby Hill in Hortonville (5 miles north of Hwys 31 & 32) - the closest real MX track to Indianapolis. He has verbal commitments for over half the cost from sponsors. The rest may come from pre-selling memberships. Plans are for the track to be open to the public 3 to 5 days per week and hold several ditrict 15 sanctioned races.

Yamaha is stepping up big as Kobby Hill will become a Yamaha contingency money track.

If you can help sponsor or are interested in a membership, please call Tom at Indy Cycle North (317) 867-4422. :cry:

Yamahafan,

That is awesome news! I am planning on moving back to Indiana sometime in the next month (when work makes up there mind) and would love to have a track within an hour of me. The best thing is I will be working from home full-time so I can have things ready to go and take off for some weekday riding too at the end of the day!

Knobby is an awesome facility in Indianapolis and we NEED to get it back open. It won't happen if people don't step up...CALL Tom and grab a sponsorship or grab a track membership. We need everyone to pull together on this so we can get this convenient, awesome track re-opened! :cry:

If you can help sponsor or are interested in a membership, please call Tom at Indy Cycle North (317) 867-4422.

As you can see in the original post he is half the money short and will have an impossible time trying to get the rest. :)

harristw,

A buddy and I have already been contemplating that. Land is getting pretty expensive, and by the time I have the $$$ to buy land at the 2005 cost it will be 2025!!!! Good luck in your land hunt, if you get some I'll come up and help you make a track or trails out of it! :)

Sounds like we all need to step up and help get Knobby re-opened :):D I would hate to not ever be able to ride there again :):p

I'm gonna stop by Knobby hill today and see whats up. Also about the whole land thing. Land in Westfield/ Carmel city limits is outrageous. But if you go closer towards Tipton or Sheridan you can get it as low as about 2500 an acre.

just ran across this on the net. Anyone been to it? Indy MX Motoplex near the marion county fairgrounds.

http://www.hometownmotocross.com/htmxtrackdata/intracks/in_indymxmotoplex.htm

this track is also shut down. all 3 indy tracks shut down in the last 2 years.

about knobby hill...the cost of land isn't anything, it's the insurance that costs the owners the most cash.

If he's going to re-open, he better have went to the district 15 meeting already because they have booked all the races for district 15 for 2005.

I think one of the issues with Knobby is the current owners had it re-zoned so all of the land was listed as a business, or something like that, not just the concession stand likback in the day. So now the taxes on the track are massive, I think if you could just buy it as farmland it would be fairly reasonable :)

Wow Indiana sucks for riding :)

I thought there was more then corn in Indiana, at the super sensational, exciting vacational, Indiana Beeeeeaaaaacch!! :)

LBZYZ426,

I had a feeling you were gonna come in and butt your nose and opinion in where it didn't belong! :) I will tell you this, even though we don't have anywhere to ride down here I wouldn't trade being around these nice people everyday for those F***ing @$$holes up their in Chicago (ex-riding buddies and Chicago TT members excluded) for nothing. :p I have a few private places already to ride!

I'll be coming up to Sunset sometime in the next few months, and you better be ready because you are gonna eat some roost!!! :)

Well if it isn't my old buddy Fastenuf4u-

Haven't heard from you in a while :) You were the root cause of my sarcastic comment about riding in Indiana, knew you'd have to come across it :p

I agree not the kindest folk up in Chitown but I'm use to it :)

Quote: "you better be ready because you are gonna eat some roost!!!"

My bike is slowly turning into a woods weapon but I'll still be able to lay the smack down on you boy :D