Sign in to follow this  

cam for crf 230f

iam currently doing the power up kit on my bike.

after iam done iam thinking of buying a cam. is there anything i should do before installing the cam. or is there any reasons not to put the cam on.

thanks

You should ask yourself some questions about how you want your bike to run. There are many different cam grinds available for these bikes. Do you really NEED to change it, or do you just WANT to change it??

Get a piston kit, before you get a cam. Or get both at the same time. Don't forget valve springs.

are you just a "back yard racer", or are you someone who is serious about riding the track and racing?

im sorry but i dont understand it when people put high comp pistons in, different cams, or porting...and do all this other junk to just ride it in the woods and never really use any of it.

Just like this kid i know, he bought my old 400ex and put longtravel suspension, shocks, extended swingarm, beadlocks...everthing that a racer needs yet it never left his yard/woods :cry:

my advice, dont waste the money on it. You could have a couple hundred to spend else where :cry:

Bingo, right on the money crf!

Thats why I sold my bike so I dont waste all my money on it. I can spend a little more and get a bike that is completely better for track riding.