Sign in to follow this  

Exhaust question?

I am considering a exhaust upgrade from stock to a complete exhaust, probably Yosh from all of the input, but I was curious as to what to expect other than it being more loud? Will it be a boost in power, enough to notice? I appreciate the patience you guys show with posters like me.

One of my friends put a Yosh Exhaust on his 400, I put the FMF powerbomb header with the Q muffler on mine.

Definately a noticeable performance gain with both exhaust systems. The improvement I liked the most was the reduction in compresion braking.

The Yosh gives you better performance with acceleration, but is MUCH louder than the FMF.

The FMF keeps power delivery smooth through the entire powerband. With FMF you will good controlable power right off the bottom, but not a snappy as the Yosh.

Can't speak on the others, but I dig my Yosh (complete system) "Competiton" model. There is a very noticable improvement. By pulling the snorkel and adding the pipe, it hits pretty hard, and I still need to have it jetted.....I likey! :cry: :cry:

Can't speak on the others, but I dig my Yosh (complete system) "Competiton" model. There is a very noticable improvement. By pulling the snorkel and adding the pipe, it hits pretty hard, and I still need to have it jetted.....I likey! :cry: :cry:

Oh yes the full yosh is the @#$% and you will notice dramatic improvement being bone stock a 35 mph throttle wheelie is probably not possible but with the full yosh and jetting the snorkle cut out 3x3 oh baby 35 mph wheelies no problem now just hit mid to upper rpms a little pump on the handlebars roll on lean back and make sure the 5.0 isn't watching your nice little wheelie :cry: :cry:

After doing the most common mods one at a time on my S, DJ, intake cam, Yosh ex. I can truthfully say that my butt dino could tell every mod, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. All the mods has given the bike more low end tork, and great 60 mph roll on power. The bad part is I replace rear tires a lot now. The FCR is next week!

One of my friends put a Yosh Exhaust on his 400, I put the FMF powerbomb header with the Q muffler on mine.

Definately a noticeable performance gain with both exhaust systems. The improvement I liked the most was the reduction in compresion braking.

The Yosh gives you better performance with acceleration, but is MUCH louder than the FMF.

The FMF keeps power delivery smooth through the entire powerband. With FMF you will good controlable power right off the bottom, but not a snappy as the Yosh.

Does your buddy run an insert with the Yosh? If so, which one? Just wondering if the inserts would bring the sound down to the level of the Q?

The med tec really softens the note, but after you get used to the open yosh everything else sucks

So you can tell a difference in performance when the inserts are put in? Everybody love the yosh, but for a quite pipe, I have heard good things about the Q. It would be interesting to compare performance of the FMF Q and the yosh if both were at the same sound level (i.e. at the Q sound level). One guy told me that him and his buddy have both have drz and one has the Q and the other has the WB R4 and he said (hearsay) R4 was much louder, but only a bit better in performance. I have not hear them side-by-side myself.

Thanks.

So you can tell a difference in performance when the inserts are put in? Everybody love the yosh, but for a quite pipe, I have heard good things about the Q. It would be interesting to compare performance of the FMF Q and the yosh if both were at the same sound level (i.e. at the Q sound level). One guy told me that him and his buddy have both have drz and one has the Q and the other has the WB R4 and he said (hearsay) R4 was much louder, but only a bit better in performance. I have not hear them side-by-side myself.

Thanks.

I can tell the differnce slighty , it actually gives me more low end grunt with the med insert . The first thing I bought for my bike was a full yosh exhuast . I think its worth it for the sound alone :-) Much more power , smoother and quicker reving . Its basically the same thing with the med insert as far as power goes , just not as loud. I drove it for a month with no insert , sounds great :cry:

I think its worth it for the sound alone :-) Much more power , smoother and higher reving .

I assume you mean quicker revving, and not higher revving? :cry: Correct me if I'm wrong...

I think its worth it for the sound alone :-) Much more power , smoother and higher reving .

I assume you mean quicker revving, and not higher revving? :cry: Correct me if I'm wrong...

You in fact are correct. Thats what I meant it revs quicker. :cry: