Sign in to follow this  

04 wr450 idle problems

smart me thought i would mess with the carb to get rid of an off idle bog ,changed jets didnt fix it put it back and then decided to change clip position up and down one position each way from middle do all that and finally put back to center clip position put it back together and started it up the idle now is changing high to low wont idle evenly now i think its an air leak maybe the hot start connection on the carb is sucking air tightened all clamps to the intakes has to start with choke and idles real high on the choke higher than before and with the choke off the idle fluctuates , im just starting to learn how to mess with the bike or you could say what my wife told me how to mess it up she told me to leave it alone i dont listen , and never will, just bought it new only 90 miles on it

i found the problem for the bad idle problem it was the slide vacum plate in upside down , theres a nice lesson to learn now back to moving the needle clip , 165 main/45 pilot jet/pilot screw 1-3/4, needle is a obdwr-4 in groove 4