Sign in to follow this  

MY EXPERIENCE WITH CENTRAL YAMAHA IN PLANO, TEXAS

Let me tell you about the experience I had with central Yamaha in Plano Texas.

First off I work allot of hours (just like everyone) and it is hard to get to the bike store if you know whit I mean.So I started calling around for a 05 YZ250F and to my surprise only 2 dealers in the DFW area (Dallas/Fort Worth ) had a 05 model ? Some dealers were just plan rude about me even asking when they would get one "you will be put on our list and called when they come in,that is all I can tell you" , ETA ?? they could not tell me when they would even have one.

So on my 7th call I got a hold of Brad at central Yamaha,He was nice to deal with on the phone and even shot me a "good" price over the phone and said he does have 1 but does not know how long he would have it.I told him a have a Yamaha card and I would like to pick it up,He agreed.

I got off early from work and told him I was on my way........................................................HE SAID HE WOULD WAIT FOR ME !!!!!! It took me a 1 1/2 hours to get there in rush hour traffic and to my surprise *#@$#%&*(* THEY WERE CLOSED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man was I mad, I got off from work early the guy said he would wait and now that I am here, HE IS NOT....

Well Brad called me the next day and said he did wait but left right before I got there.I was pretty bummed at this point thinking when will I have the time to get out there and pick this bike up ? Sunday was my only day off. Brad said he was sorry that he missed

me and would make it up by DELIVERING the bike to me !! WOW I said that would be great ! I got off from work and Brad drove

1 1/2 hours to my house to deliver my bike .That is GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE !!!

I hope your local dealer has a guy like Brad............If not call central Yamaha in Plano and ask for Brad (you know I did not even get his last name)

One happy guy

That did not take the direction I was expecting! I was expecting you to say that he sold the bike yada, yada, yada...

I was shocked when you said he delivered the bike, let alone to your house no less! WOW

That did not take the direction I was expecting! I was expecting you to say that he sold the bike yada, yada, yada...

I was shocked when you said he delivered the bike, let alone to your house no less! WOW

My thoughts exactly, I had a response all ready to go in my head. That's pretty sweet! Did you still get it at the price you were hoping for?

I agree that we have one of the best shops around. They are even open Sundays. :cry:

I need to move back down to your area! NOBODY is open on Sundays around here, or even Mondays for that matter.

I went to school in Irving and loved it down there! :cry:

I was just about to leave for Central Yamaha to pick up some stuff for this weekend when I read your post. I will be sure to tell them about your post.

My son and I have been there many times on Sundays to pick up something we "needed".

Bought a Roadstar back in 06. Had it in for service at Central Yamaha a couple of times in the first year. Always extremely pricy and always a long time in the shop. Started taking it to another place. Last week, I had it inspected and I needed a new rear tire. Same day I received an email from Central Yamaha indicating free installation if I bought the tire there. Called parts and they told me the tire would be $149 and they knew nothing of the email I was sent. Called service, they told me the deal was for 50% off and the tire would be $169 and asked if I could print the email and bring it in they would honor the email. I took my bike and the email in and they put the tire on the bike with free installation. The bill $204.00. They charged me $191.00 for the tire. Not only that but told me I had to have the steering bearing repacked. Service manager said it would be about 2 1/2 hours and if I brought it back the next day (Saturday) it was first come first serve. Also told me it was dangerous to be riding the bike. Took my bike back in Saturday morning. Called Saturday afternoon and they had not looked at it yet. Called back on Monday and still no luck. Service guy told me they would call me when they could get to it. They called Thursday afternoon to tell me it was ready. The service manager explained that when they quoted me the 2 1/2 hours ($91/hour), that was the "standard" price for a Roadstar. My bike, which was in the shop when they quoted me the price, had a windshield and road lamps which they had not accounted for. These had to be removed and it took over 4 hours. Price $400. So, I originally went in for a 1 hour rear tire replacement that should have cost $149. Ended paying over $600. 3 different prices for tires, 2 different prices for service work and 5 days longer then expected. The funny thing was while I was waiting for the tire to be replaced; I had been working with a sales guy on an FZ1 and was ready to buy it as a second bike. Now, would not spend another dime in that dealership and probably won’t buy another Yamaha

My Buddy almost had this happen! At Cycle Sports in Eugene, OR. He took his 2000 KX 500 in to get some work done. We were hoping to go riding over the weekend, so we went in to see if the bike would be ready. It was out on the sidewalk with the other used bikes all shiny and for sale! So, we told someone, and they were all confused. They didn't know how the bike got out there. :thumbsup:

Hmmm, times sure have changed. Original thread in 2004, dealership acted appropriately...fast forward to 2011...dealer busy hip hoppin, and forgot how to run a business.

Sad but true.