Sign in to follow this  

MY EXPERIENCE WITH CENTRAL YAMAHA IN PLANO ,TEXAS

Let me tell you about the experience I had with central Yamaha in Plano Texas.

First off I work allot of hours (just like everyone) and it is hard to get to the bike store if you know whit I mean.So I started calling around for a 05 YZ250F and to my surprise only 2 dealers in the DFW area (Dallas/Fort Worth ) had a 05 model ? Some dealers were just plan rude about me even asking when they would get one "you will be put on our list and called when they come in,that is all I can tell you" , ETA ?? they could not tell me when they would even have one.

So on my 7th call I got a hold of Brad at central Yamaha,He was nice to deal with on the phone and even shot me a "good" price over the phone and said he does have 1 but does not know how long he would have it.I told him a have a Yamaha card and I would like to pick it up,He agreed.

I got off early from work and told him I was on my way........................................................HE SAID HE WOULD WAIT FOR ME !!!!!! It took me a 1 1/2 hours to get there in rush hour traffic and to my surprise *#@$#%&*(* THEY WERE CLOSED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man was I mad, I got off from work early the guy said he would wait and now that I am here, HE IS NOT....

Well Brad called me the next day and said he did wait but left right before I got there.I was pretty bummed at this point thinking when will I have the time to get out there and pick this bike up ? Sunday was my only day off. Brad said he was sorry that he missed

me and would make it up by DELIVERING the bike to me !! WOW I said that would be great ! I got off from work and Brad drove

1 1/2 hours to my house to deliver my bike .That is GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE !!!

I hope your local dealer has a guy like Brad............If not call central Yamaha in Plano and ask for Brad (you know I did not even get his last name)

One happy guy

Yea, I bought a WR250 that happened to be the owners bike at Kasson Yamaha in Austin TX. It has Thumper racing big bore kit WR294 with hot cams, big gun exhaust and all the free mods. The bike and Kasson Yamaha are great. They help me all the time, since the are a small dealer you get the one on one attention. Kasson RULES

i think ive dealed with brad a few times. he is a supernice guy, bought some stuff off ebay from him. he even told me that they could prob work out a sponsorship, at one time...and i live in oklahoma!!! good guy, good dealership

Wish I could say the same about Arlington Yamaha (FW Texas). After buying 3 new dirt bikes within a year or so (11K) I still cant get a break. I walk in to get parts and they treat you like you never bouhgt a thing. I havent bought a thing from them since the last bike and never will and will tell as many as i can to stay away.

DaveH250

DaveH250,

Sorry to hear that man, I too tried to deal with them, but they flat out told me that central yamaha is a "pilot store" and thats why the sell so cheap ??? I do not know if this is true but I left arlington and called central yamaha.

And you know how this story ends. :cry:

I have dealt with North Texas Yamaha in Lewisville (20 min north of Dallas), and they have always been helpful. I haven't bought anything other than decals and misc. small parts, but their parts guys take time with you to find out what you really want. I also recently bought a 98 WR400, and after going over the bike a little closer, I felt like I might have bought a YZ400 (nowhere to mount a kickstand, no light housing or wiring, no radiator resevoir). I called their service dept. on the phone and the guy spent 10 MINUTES on the phone with me looking up the VIN number, asking me detailed questions about the bike. It came back on the computer as a WR400, but he was still intrigued that some of the factory mounts were missing. I even tried to let him go, appreciating his help just for looking up the VIN, but he stayed on the line with me asling questions. I asked him why he was going through the hassle, and he said, "I just want to be sure what you have so when you order parts, it's not a big hassle for you getting the wrong stuff". I didn't buy anything that day, but after these few encounters, they have earned my business and anyone else I can tell this about. Just goes to show, SERVICE SELLS!! :cry: