Sign in to follow this  

What does Suzuki do with them?

After I bought my DRZ400S and started reading around here I got interested in the non S or E model. I knew of a dealer who had 3 that hadn't sold. I called to find out if they still had them. Suzuki bought them back and gave them their money back. Another dealer told me the same thing happened with two of their's. I remember my salesman friend told me Suzuki had a bunch of 2002 Vstroms left over in a warehouse, that was in 2004.

What does Suzuki do with them? Crush them! Use the parts for warantee issues? Does any one know for sure?

Puts new 2005 graphics on it and sells is as a 2005 model =)

A lot of times there is another part of the country that might be able to sell all they can get, but there are none. So the factory just redistributes. That was the way it was in the 80's when I worked at a Honda dealer.

A lot of times there is another part of the country that might be able to sell all they can get, but there are none. So the factory just redistributes. That was the way it was in the 80's when I worked at a Honda dealer.

Yup..that's my guess too. I remember when I was looking at buying a used DRZ the price variation from state to state was amazing. Places like Ohio/Michigan and some parts of the south were dirt cheap while states like Washington were awfully high. It's supply and demand. Plus, there are some backdoor games the manufacturer's play with the stockholders....unsold products sitting on the showroom floor does not look good to investors. Its generally best to eliminate that situation....by any means... You'd be shocked at some of the things the really go on. Perfectly good vehicles are scrapped on a regular basis :cry: