Ralph Michigan

Marquette mining property has great trails. It is an unofficial place to ride. Awesome trails and single track. I recommend asking the local shops how to get there. No real signs. It is off of Forestville Road a few miles north of Brookton Corners just before the railroad tracks turn left on the dirt road and go to the first parking area. Bring a GPS it is easy to get lost without a local guide! ?

OH yeah! I sent the front forks to MX-Tech overnight when I got back from our ride and they had it back the same week! ? Now they are almost as good as Don's CRF250X forks. Those Honda forks are to die for! ? The way they keep the oil and air separated makes them much easier to set up. Yamaha finally is doing this on the 2005's. ? Have fun and bring your snow gear for up there! Yeah I am trying to ride all the best trails of each state in the US before I die! ( 21 states so far!) ? TT has been great because I can hook up with so many great people! ? Hope to ride with you guys again next summer in Michigan!

You might want to try the Bass Lake trail. Real nice single track 28 mile loop. It's just west of Gwinn or the Porterfield lake trails which is about 20 miles south of republic on M95. Both are DNR trails and are on the MIDNR site. They aren't wooped out and are pretty tight.

As said previously, Marquette has lots of trail but you might need some help finding your way around. PM me if you need a guide, I live in marquette and ride these trails all the time. ?

Well, things didn"t work out as planned. ? We were suppose to leave Brighton at 4am Wednesday. That should have put us in Ralph by 2 or so .This would give us enough time to set up tree stands for our boys to hunt out of. I had Bass LK.,Porterfield and Norway all programmed into the gps. As it worked out we didn"t leave until 9. We didn"t get to our campsite untill late in the day. The sun however broke through around 5 and made a pretty overcast and dreary day turn out well.

Since we wern't able to get tree stands set up Wed. night, we set them up Thursday in the a.m. After eating lunch I finaly hopped on the drz and started to explore the area. Put on 59 miles rideing the 2 tracks and practiced useing the gps as I"m not real schooled in its use yet. Got back to camp around 5, through on the camo and went bowhunting. Dick jr nailed a 4 point from about 20 yrds out for his first bow kill. Right thru the pump station. Went about 30 yrds. ?

Friday had me out for an early bowhunt. Back to camp at 10:30. Hopeing to hop on the drz by 12. Out to Bass lke by 1-1:30

This is where it gets messed up. The two other guys that were with me took off around 9-9:30 to do some bird hunting while I was in my tree stand. They were haveing success and ended up not returning untill 4:30. I ended up hanging around the campsight as I was not comfortable leaving three 14 yr old boys alone in the backwoods. Saturday was just a bust. ? Started raining Friday night and never quit.

For sure I"m headed back. I"m starting to plan my own Six Days of Mich for next August. I"ll be posting as the winter goes on for all U.P. riders to send me their favorite riding spots, campsites, resturants and points of interest in the western half of the upper. ? Six days was fun but has its limmits.Fifteen yr olds ride better than most adults but are relegated to riding in the kids group. I don't need that as a knock, but my son was getting bored with the whole "kid group" thing.

Sorry this is not much of a ride report. I was hopeing for more but it didn't work out.