Sign in to follow this  

Michelin Mousse Bib Inserts - I Changed Them

A while back, I posted if anyone had ever changed these and how tough it was. I just bought my 300 and the guy who had the bike put them in. I called all over the place and was told all kinds of crap about how hard these were to get out. One clown at a shop 5 minutes from my house actually told me that it's taken him 2 hours a wheel to remove them. All I have to say is he must be a real &%$#@!. :cry:

Anyway, I pulled the wheels tonight and started working on them. I lubed up the tire and with 2 - 10" tire irons, pulled the front off in less than 10 minutes. It was not nearly as hard as I thought so I figured, what the hell, I'll try the rear. I needed 3 - 10" tire irons for that one and it also popped off in a little over 10 minutes. The big thing with the rear was to get the irons in before pulling any part of the bead over the rim and afterwards, taking very small bites instead of larger one's like with a tube.

I did not put these back in but they are pretty cool and I could really see the benefit if you run in a lot of rocks. I will say, if you can't change a tire with a tube, forget trying to do this yourself. :cry: