Sign in to follow this  

Factory Connection or MB1?

Going to get my suspension done but am stuck deciding between these two. MB1 is a new suspension company run by Mike Battista, a former Team Honda Factory suspension tech who worked on RC and K-dubs bikes. He also worked for Showa's R&D department for years. He is about $100 cheaper than FC but I don't know if that includes everything FC is promising, such as porting the pistons, new ICS springs and oil lock collars. Any advice from you guys???????????

Also I rude vet intermediate and my weight varies between 190 and 200lbs. What spring rates should I use on my 2005 CRF450. The first time I called FC they said I needed .47 up front and leave the stock shock spring. The second time I called FC they said .48 up front and a 5.6 in the rear. MB1 said .49 front 5.7 rear. I am going to buy my springs locallay and send them with the forks becuase I get a good discount at my sponsors shop. What the hell gives with these numbers though???

As for the numbers, the cr is supposed to be pretty well balanced from the get-go, so at your weight, I would only go up one size on either end. You might even could get away with stock.

As far as whose best, there is no way to know. If you have a personal relasionship with Mile though, I would go with him. Just starting out, he's going to have allot of motivation to work with you and give good service. 😢

Not sure who is better but i had FC revalve my forks and when done price was about $170 more than we talked about.They said i needed new this and that and bike was only a few months old.If i new it was going to cost so much i might not done it but when they have your forks what you gonna do? 😢 :cry: