Sign in to follow this  

Northern Ohio November 6th free KTM test ride!

LORAIN SPEEDWAY ANNOUNCES KTM SUPERMOTO EXPO AND MOTOCROSS RACE ON SATURDAY NOVEMBER 6TH

Amherst, OH. (September 30, 2004) – Lorain Speedway in conjunction with KTM Sportcycles, KTM Dealers, Pitracer.com, and Dirt Heads will hold a new event on Saturday November 6th at the On the Edge Motocross Complex located at Lorain Speedway. The event will entail a Motocross race on the Motocross track as well as an all-day Supermoto test ride session featuring KTM Supermoto bikes on Lorain’s asphalt oval and karting track.

The motocross race will be held at the "On the Edge Motocross Complex" located at Lorain Speedway. The event will not be sanctioned, but CRA rules and bike classes will apply. It is estimated that there will be 29 bike classes of competition. There will only be races for bikes; there will be no races for quads.

Free Supermoto test rides will be offered by local KTM dealers on KTM race-prepared Supermoto bikes. The KTM Supermoto Expo event will be run at the same time that the Motocross races are being held. The KTM Supermoto Expo will be run on a course that utilizes Lorain Speedway’s 3/8-mile asphalt oval and karting track road course. Riders are encouraged to bring their own racing gear.

In addition to the Supermoto Expo, fans can expect to be entertained with music, races, and Supermoto seminars. A number of KTM dealers will be on hand displaying the latest KTM bikes, Supermoto bikes, Supermoto conversion kits, and other race products. Joc from Moto-X will be on site displaying and selling motocross parts and accessories and "California Ben" will be announcing the entire event!

Gate times are for the Motocross races are tentatively scheduled as follows: 8:30 AM gates open, 9:00 AM sign-in, 10:00 AM for the beginning of practice, and 11:30 AM is the beginning of racing. The Supermoto test rides are scheduled to begin at 10:00 AM and will run until the conclusions of the event. Fans should check www.lorainspeedway.com for a final confirmation of times and event information. Gate general admission price is $8, kids 6 and under will be admitted free! Entry fees will be $20 each class.

Lorain Speedway has met the highest of standards to become one of only 65 NASCAR Dodge Weekly Series tracks in the United States. The Speedway features the On the Edge Motocross Complex, a 3/8-mile asphalt oval, and a karting track. The Speedway is located in Amherst, Ohio, just 30 minutes west of Downtown Cleveland on route 58, just south of route 113. For directions and additional information call 216-447-7888, on race day call 440-986-RACE, or log on to www.lorainspeedway.com.

Lorain Speedway also runs MX practice for Bikes and Quads on Tuesdays from 4pm till dark, rider admission is $15.00, all spectators are admitted free! Come check us out and get a feel for the track before race day! We will be running practice up until race day on Nov 6th.

Damn, that sounds awesome and I can't make it! :cry: Lorain Speedway is only 20 minutes from where I grew up and my parents still live. I'll make sure to tell my friends from back home about though :cry: