Fremont Iowa race

I will be entering my first race this weekend! Here's the info. Anyone else going? Sorry, but I won't be on a thumper though. Riding the KDX.

RACE DATE: October 17, 2004

IS THE RACE STILL ON (as scheduled):YES

CLUB NAME: TSER

CLUB MEMBERS:

Mark Neff, Larry Crosby, Pat Gorman, Mike Bradley, Mr.Gadget, Zachary Neff, Jerry Gorman, Veryl Shaw, Bob Witt, Doug Witt, Darren Rousch.

RACE DESCRIPTION:

The cocklebur patch track is back!!!! You will have more fun than a human being should be alowed to have at this race. We will have 12 plus miles of some of this springs course and some of our enduro course.For newcomers there are no mud crosings, no impossible hills, just pure fun.Great course for a beginner.Parade lap will start promptly at 11:30 because fo the long course, no late starters.With no rain for quite awhile we can run some ground that we can"t normally run.

MAIN RACE START TIME: 12:30 P. M.

QUAD RACE: NO

MINI RACE: YES

MINI START TIME: 10:00am

CONTACTS: Mark Neff 641-933-4872 or 641-660-1326 Larry Crosby 641-933-4408 or 641-660-4460 or 641-933-4915 CALL BEFORE YOU COME!!!

RACE COSTS

GATE FEE: Free will: All proceeds from t

ENTRY FEE: $25.00 mini - $10.00

OTHER NOTES:

No more fun place to ride than skunk river bottoms.Please remember to thank all the club members of all the enduros and hare scrambles for giving us a place to ride!

RACE SPONSORS:

Moose

Good luck, remember to smile pretty for the cameras when you're on the podium.

What is your wife going to say when she see the picture of you on the podium with the "trophy girls" kissing you on the...err ah cheek? ? :cry:

Ok, I came, I saw, I kicked my own a$$. Man that was fun, other than the river bottoms which were full of holes that beat my kiddneys to quivering blobs of jello, I had a good race. I decided to let everyone go in the start and just come in from the rear. I only picked off about 7 or 8 riders then didn't see anyone until the last lap were the AA and A rider flew by me. I only fell once and I think I shoved my back bottom two ribs right thru my lung. I had to stand by my bike for about 5 minutes to catch my breath again. Then every bump felt like someone was shoving a dull serrated bladed knive in my back the rest of that lap. Now I will sleep. I hope I can drap my sore butt out of bed tomorrow. Maybe if I roll out of bed then hit the floor I can crawl to the shower and coffee maker. ?

uw153,

The pain will considerably worse today ....... but think of all the fun you had. Now you need to get Ryan out there, don't forget that Popecreek has their fun day ride this coming weekend in Aledo. That would be a good follow up ride

and a good one for Ryan to lose his racing virginity ? since he's has rode there before.

Woods_weapon_2

I'll start with - I HURT- , I Think my hair even hurts. I'll still do it again though. I learned allot, a few things I won't do again. I need to get the KDX set up a little better though, I was bouncing around like a damn beach ball, just couldn't get settled. Ok Ryan, Bill, were ready to hear from ya. When you going out again????

uw153,

I was looking through the pictures at r2 photography website and seen a couple of your "day view " race, one was a close up shot and you can see the intensity in youe eyes or was that fear ?

Under 2004 season - Fremont - Oct. race series I think there are 6 pages of pictures.

Website - www.r2-racing.com

Woods_weapon_2

Yup, checked it this morning, found four pics of me. The first was hilarious, I was the last guy into the first corner. I ordered one from him. Yes that was fear in the pic, It was the first lap and he got me just at the top of the hill, I was in third going up that hill and carried a bit too much speed at the top. That's why I was so close. I used 2nd for the next two times on the hill. Yeeeaahh!! I am no longer sore, ready to ride again. Not sure about Aledo this weekend. There is talk of the Byron dual sport in two weeks though.

• 3 weeks later...