Sign in to follow this  

certified letter FROM HONDA

Interesting even recall leters are not certified.Please tell what was so important when you find out.

Am picking it up today, got my 05 last saturday the 9th, wonder what its about? :cry:

"Dear CRF450R:

Your valves are considered regular maintanence and should be replaced every 15 hours. This message is certified so that we know you have been officially notified and now you have no reason to post on message boards that your valves have gone out of spec or that your 05 honda crf450r is a crappy bike.

Thanks for your time

American Honda"

Speaking of finance terms two days after I got my 05 the dealer called and said that honda rejected my contract because my intrest was too high ,like 8% they sent me a new contract to sign at 6.9 honda said I had bought several bikes on honda finance and deserved the cheaper rate,needless to say I was shocked.

lots of great posts there :cry:,,but it was from the dealer themselves,,was the manufactures certificate of origin. and by the way,,,,i paid CASH! 6100$ out the door

If they sent you a certificate of origin the bike is probably not registered and you haven't paid taxes on it. That will change your 6100 OTD figure.

Unless you are planning to dual sport it you dont have to register it.

or unless you plan on racing it racing it on publin land...

Also when you go to sell it...a pink slip makes the buyer feel good about the prchase...certificate of origin does nothing for me or the california DMV.

If they sent you a certificate of origin the bike is probably not registered and you haven't paid taxes on it. That will change your 6100 OTD figure.

this is OREGON!! no sales tax!!

I guess things are a little different here. No one has ever asked me to see my registration at an enduro in NM. or CO. and they were on public land. But I have only raced at two on public land. Most of our races in Tex. and OK are on private land. Also, lots of older dirt bikes around here are bought and sold with no paperwork at all. But you are right, anymore I wont do it without at least a statement of origin that can be turned into a title in case I want to dualsport the bike. But I would only register and pay tax if I was definetly going to get a plate. Tim