Sign in to follow this  

this had to hurt.... dam dear........

Looked like a small deer?

Either way...not a fun way to crash

Everyday I ride into town there is a new carcus on the side of the road. That right there makes me want to move because I do about 70 all the way into town. :cry:

I had to have a little chuckle at the big green spray at the point of impact. It's really not funny, though.

Deer are friggin evil. I'm not kidding. Sheer stupidity just doesn't account for it. Roads and cars have been around for the better part of 100 years. You'd think 100 years would be enough time for these stupid b*stards to stay off the road. If I can see and hear a car a mile off, a deer has no excuse.

It's getting to be that season here. Deer all over the highways. We should kill and eat them all. :cry:

that is one of the good things about me hunting them. Helps keep there population down and therefore the car deer acidents.

That's sickening.

I hit a deer on my Aprilia RSV one year ago at about 25mph. The deer and I did that passageway thing your do with other people - both go to the left, then the right, then the left again until you collide. I kept the bike upright but the fluids pouring out of the fairing were aclue to how bad it was. I trashed a top fairing, left fairing, front subframe, left radiator and left airtube. The cost was about £2000 (so $3600ish) at Aprilia's parts prices.

The deer got up and ran away! But for days after, I was pulling coolant soaked deer fur from the fairing and frame. It stunk!

The deer are all wandering round in a pheromone haze here as it's mating season. They apparently stand around in roads whereas the rest of the year they would avoid them.

Bloody deer!

Ian

We have deer all over the place this time of the year and through winter.

You'd think 100 years would be enough time for these stupid b*stards to stay off the road.

We have so many deer that I would guess that food gets scarce though the winter. We have pretty bad winters...which means salt on the roads. Deer love salt. They congregate on the side of the road to lick the salt. :cry:

We also have problems with big packs of turkey running all around. My dog just chased about 15 of them out of my backyard.

No deer around here, only moose, which are much larger and more dangerous. I met a few on the trails this summer, and each time they refused to move. I had to turn around and go back from where I came.

Poor sob didn't have a chance to do anything, been there and done that. hope he is OK adn his bike is fixable. that hit was @%@#% brutal :cry: