Sign in to follow this  

High Volume Oil Pump

Putting the Trail Bikes high volume oil pump in a 2003 XR70. Has anyone done this? The website says to drill out the oiling outlet 2mm, but it came with no instructions and I have no idea where the oiling outlet is.. :cry: Thanks in advance for the help! :cry:

Hey I found it - thanks for the help! Just finished putting the trailbikes big bore kit on tonight but the carb won't mount on the intake manifold because it interferes with the cylinder - I think they sent me the wrong intake because it looks a lot shorter than the one in the picture of the kit on their website. I'll give Mike at trailbikes a shout tomorrow... kind of a downer though - I wanted to fire it up!! :cry:

Did you put the plastic spacer between the intake and the head. Without it, it wont clear, and also your carb will get hot and could cause it to not run well.

Yes, I put the heatstop between the carb and the intake, however I didn't actually mount it because when the mounting holes are lined up, the o-ring on the carb is visible through the bore of the heatstop - I think I've got some wrong pieces....

heatstop.jpg

No, you just have it in the wrong spot. The plastic spacer is supposed to go between the head and the intake. Here is a close up picture of my bike that shows where it goes.

100_0730.jpg

Thanks Jetster! I just now got the same info from Mike at TailBikes. I was confused because the stock unit has the black plastic between the manifold and the carb. so I assumed that's how the provided heatstop was configured. I brought it all into my office today and I can see now that everything lines up! I may be leaving early today.... :cry: