Sign in to follow this  

04 CRF 250X St.Louis, Missouri Jetting

Just picked up my bike Wednesday night. Put some barkbusters on it and started it and let it idled for just a little bit and it got so warm the header started to glow red. It had not idled that long. I am ordering the JD set but obviously want to hit the trail this weekend, should I be concerned about how lean it is? Not real familar what I can do to richen it up before I get the JD kit. Thanks.

Shawn Bland

I rode around some tonight on the pavement. Just up and down the street and the bike still got excessively warm. I tried to back out the air/fuel screw just a little but it made the bike backfire and hesitate a good 1/10th second off of bottom. Just really concerns me how lean the bike is. Any input would be appreciated of what I could do while waiting on my JD kit. Irritating honda sends them out this lean, wondering if I am risking damage to my engine? :cry:

Recent issue of Dirt Bike Magazine, says that with airbox open, 45 slow jet, 2.75 turns out, 140 main, and stock needle works well from 0 to 9000 feet. I'm running a 42 slow jet with the JD kit and have a 45 ordered, just thought I'd try it. I really don't like dealing with jetting, but the 250x certainly has some stock jetting issues. If your airbox has been open up and you still have stock jetting, you are running excessively lean!

You could set the fuel screw to 2.75 turns out and ride it. The factory setting is safe with stock airbow, even if it is on the lean side.

James