Sign in to follow this  

how to post video

how do i post a video on here . i have a sony camcorder, do i have to get special editing software for the computer to get it on tt. or what

thanks,

you have to import it. edit it. export it {from software}. find a hos t to host it. then post the link to where it has been hosted.

what is the footage of?

i have a pc sony dcr-trv320 . what do i need for the camcorder to hook up to the computer. so i can get the film off the camcorder and into the computer . i have xp movie maker. do i have to buy a special cable to hook them up?. do i have to have a special bus.

depends. if it is a digital camera. you will need a "fire wire" card {comes with wire} and some computer knowledge to install and import. if it is not digital you can ether buy a capture card or dub it to a digital cam then use the fire wire.

good luck

OK, you need to go buy a fire wire card. some computers and lap tops come with them. but almost all DON'T. it should be about $20-$50. good luck.

what is the footage you have?

its dirtbiking , 8mm tape, will this work for my digtial sony camera Pinnacle Studio DV Mobile version 8 . its as dv in/out on the camera then there a small little square thing to plug it in

its dirtbiking

i assumed as much. :cry:

also do you know what i mean when i say you need a firewire card installed in your computer?

rr-fw-byt.jpg

it is hardware not software.

yes the card . i think i can get one a staples. doesnt really matter which one i get right?. they all come with cables to hook the camcaorder up i think. what do u use for editing software. i got a dvd burner to if this helps at all. and right now i have xp with window movie maker

so once i get a firewire card i will be all set to put my camcorder movies into my pc. then on to tt .

Once you get your video on the computer, then you can edit the video to create something watch-able. After that, you need to prepare the video to be shown to other people. I'm not familiar with the Pinnacle Studio product, but once you have completed your project, you can probably "export it" or "save as" a variety of video types. You want to pick something that most people here on TT can view. The windows media player format seems to be a fairly good choice. Once all of that is done, then you need to find a place on the internet to host the video file so people can download it. If the video file is only on your computer, TTers cannot download it to view (unless you computer is setup as a server, which is unlikely). Squidward has been generous with his computer resources and has hosted a number of videos for TT members.

I know it may sound a little overwhelming, but it isn't that difficult once you know all the steps. Plus, then you can share your videos with us.

iam still deciding what to get for a firewire card. i have a sony digtial camcorder it has dv in/out. i have high speed adeplhia for a connection, i have widows xp. i have the newset windows player. any one have any indeas for what card to get?, thank you all for so much help :cry:

As simon@vic said, it shouldn't matter what brand of firewire card you get. However, are you sure your computer doesn't already have a firewire port? How old and what brand of computer is it?

its like a year old. it was custom built. i did s search on my computer for a firewire card , and nothing came up

I don't know that it would show up doing a search on your computer. Is is a laptop or a desktop. If it is a laptop, look around the sides of the computer for a port that is similar in size to USB. If it is a desktop, look on the back of the computer for the port. If you computer came with the Studio 8 program, I'd be surprised if it isn't already firewire ready. Also, you might want to check to see if you got a firewire cable with the camcorder. If you still have the box it came in, check in there.

The other thing about firewire is there are two sizes for the connection. As standard and a mini. The one on your camera is the mini; the one on your computer could be either size. You just need to be sure to get the right cable.

its a desktop. and i just downloaded ws_ftp pro. and it keeps telling meerror response from server connection closed by remote host. and one know how to fix this

i just said it was cutom built. and it doesnt have a firewire card

If you know it doesn't have a firewire card, ignore the rest of this. If you want to see if it has a firewire card:

1. Press the Start button on the bottom left of the screen.

2. Goto to Control Panel.

3. Goto Performance and Maintenance.

4. Goto to System.

5. On the System screen, click the Hardware tab.

6. Click Device Manager.

The Device Manager shows the hardware installed on the computer. If "IEEE 1394 Bus Host Controller" is listed, then there is a firewire card installed in the computer. To close the windows without being concerned about changing anything in the computer, use the Cancel button.