Sign in to follow this  

looking for a new bike

welp; sold the DRZ last night; this one might have been a record as I owned it for just about a year <g> It was a fun bike but I am now looking for something lighter that I can ride the tight trails with.. something in the two to five year old range - a plate is a must (come on you Oregon guys; help a brother out) - e-start is a big plus (on the four-strokers obviously)

My top choices at this point are probably

KTM 300 EXC

WR250f

KTM 400 EXC

I've checked with a couple of KTM dealers here in Washington and they almost laughed when I asked if any 300's were available; I guess they are pretty hot right now..

I might also consider a WR400 with a hot-start and/or auto clutch (no 426's tho as they are a bit heavy for what I am looking for)

anyway, if you know of anyone selling anything that I may be intersted in; please give them my email or mention it to me on the list..

thanks guys

rob

Contact Brandon W here on TT. He is selling his plated WR400, still had it the last time I was over at his place.

Brandon's bike is nice. :cry:

What's Colin doing with his plated WR250 now that he has the 200 EXC? I think he just rebuilt the top end, and did a bunch of other work on it, right?

cgraham is his TT name, you might want to send him a PM. Or I could send him an email if you want Rob. -Ed

ps: Hey Lorne, do we really want to help these guys sell these four strokes? We may need to borrow them next spring if that Baja trip actually happens! :cry:

I actually have two right now.

:cry:

My '98 WR400 just had the engine rebuilt (new piston, rings, valves, seals, springs and crank bearings) and I am going to gussie it all up and offer it in the Cycle Trader.

The '01 WR426 that I just got my hands on is going to be put through its' paces for a couple of years.

:cry:

if you watch the cycletrader you can spot one given some time, usually coming from oregon.