Sign in to follow this  

how much does it cost to get my suspension set ...

for my weight by FC,and do they do the revavling when they change the springs.

also how does the springs rates go. for example does each differnt spring weight go by like 20 or 30 pounds from one spring to another.

thanks. mike

i don't know what it'll cost at Factory Connection, but I'm sure it won't be to much different than what i paid. i had front and rear re-valves, heavier springs (again front and read), all new seals, bushings and new stoppers put in and a few other small things that needed to be replaced and with shipping it came to about $800.

Pro-Pilot did it, and I was really pleased, the difference/improvement was remarkable. i never bottom out, even when over (or under :cry:) jumping something, the whoops are way more fun and predictable, and braking and acceleration bumps mellowed right out. best money you can spend. (since you're in Jersey, the quick turnaround, and possible not paying shipping should benefit you).

Call Enzo Racing and compare prices and service. Enzo does Yamaha race teams and is a bargain compared to Factory Conn. Also, you get someone on the phone that does the work, not a phone front man.

see the reason i want to get it dont by FC is because at my local races ( dist 34) we have side track support meaning that they are there almost everyrace and if i have a prop with it they can fix it on the spot.

ive heard good things about their suspension work (ive read reviews about people who've got their bikes set up for racing and have friends who do freestyle) , but they're prices are kind of high. Even though propilot is in the next town over, I think I still might go to Pro-action. Get an estimate from pro pilot.

Stay away from Pro Pilot. A whole lot of expensive guess work going on over there. I bought a very expensive cutom shock/valving/spring combo from them. The valving was crappy and the spring was built for a rhino. They refuse to fix it unless I pay them more and more and more money. They hook ya then they skin ya! They wont even send a setup sheet(clickers/oil/piston depth/nitro PSI) as thats top secret info! Call Pro-action or some other reputable shop that will help you.