Sign in to follow this  

Pinnacle Studio DV Mobile version 8

Pinnacle == Ripoff

by angrydude,Mar 25 '04

Pros: Great for wasting money.

Cons: Terrible support, buggy software, overpriced.

Pinnacle only sells Beta releases of their software/hardware. Be prepared to pull your hair out trying to figure out why their stuff does not do what they say it does.

When you write them looking for customer support, be prepared to receive an email that basically says "your computer must be turned on in order to work".

seems that most ppl dont like it. also, it is just software isnt it. that wont help you get your footage ob the comp.

also you should try to keep related topics in the same thread as to not clog the forum up.

i use Pinnacle Studio 9 + w/Moviebox. i heard alot of bad things said about the pinnacle product line. but i had several DVD projects biting at me, so i took a risk amidst all the negative talk. glad i did. this software, and hardware package kicks ass! one of the most stable apps i have! bulletproof on my Win2k, p4 1.8 Ghz, 512mB ram box! PM me if you have any other questions.

I use studio 9, and it works fine for me... Sure bugs are here and there on 8, but 9 works just fine.

Not the best but what else is out there for that price???