Sign in to follow this  

Claimed HP

Having a brain fart.

Wondering what the stock claimed Horsepower rating is on both E and S models.

Thanks

I have heard everything from 20 to 40+ but haven't seen any actual numbers. I hav e an 04 s model with full yosh and jet and I am going to have it dyno'd at RMC in renton next couple of weeks so look for the post about a dyno'd drz :cry:

Somewhere on the web I saw an HP comparison chart/graph for the Yamaha WRF450, Honda XR400, Suzuki DRZ400(not sure if it was the E or S) and one other bike I don't remember. The graph showed similar curves for all but one of the bikes. I was surprised to see the Honda XR400 was noticeably lower HP output on the graph. I wish I could find that URL so I could trash talk XR owners with some authority. :cry:

XR's are great old tech bikes. Ya just have better performance with water cooled temp control.

There is a lot of peace of mind in not having wings and things.

I have this HP # of 39 stuck in my head for the 400E but like the rest of you that posted I can remember wear I saw it. I even looked in the E shop manual and can't spot it.

I was thinking stock S was like 33 and E was 39 but I might be blowing smoke.

Seriously its like 36-37 on an S model. 41-42 on an e model. My bikes basically an e model with both hotcams and I've got 45 horse.

This is on a respectible dyno. Ofcourse all dynos will vary even on the same bike.

Seriously its like 36-37 on an S model. 41-42 on an e model.

This is correct. Here is the Yoshi dyno figures DRZ400S dyno chart. The stock S has 36.1 HP. :cry: Burned posted this a while back and I put it in my favorites.