Sign in to follow this  

just ordered cfc's and rad guards

This site is freaking gonna cost me tons of cash. In a yaer my bike is gonna be paid off. then I will be following burned's example of, if it is on the bike there must be a modification that can be done to it. :cry: :cry: It will be nice to have the rad guards and cfc's for small piece of mind. thanks very much for everybodies thoughts and links :cry: :cry:

The cfc's and rad guards don't provide small piece of mind. They provide BIG piece of mind. My DRZ has been crashed, dropped, etc with the only damage being scratches on the plastic and a dented exhaust can. These were the best investment I ever made for this bike.

Don't forget to file down the inside of the shifter. :cry:

This is one tough bike for one bad rider. :cry:

What has to be done to the shifter? I just ordered case covers, rad guards and a skid plate - didn't know I needed to do any mods to the bike before installing them.

Thanks

What has to be done to the shifter? I just ordered case covers, rad guards and a skid plate - didn't know I needed to do any mods to the bike before installing them.

Thanks

The upper corner of the shifter, the part nearest to the surface of the ignition cover comes with a hard sharp corner. That corner will go through the ignition cover faster than I go through a KFC 3pc dinner.

Take a file and round that corner off. You'll have to crash much harder in order to poke it though the cover.

On the foot shift lever, grind the corner to a smooth radius. That squared off end can go through a cfc and the case real easy even on a small crash.