Sign in to follow this  

How to put a 250f on a diet?

Well I just saw that the '01-'02 yzf 250 was 227 pounds! That seems like alot to me. Does it feel really heavy and does it carry alot of its wieght up high. Or does it have a decently low center of gravity. All I have to comprare it to is my '99 yz 125. What are some good ways to lose some wieght. The only things I can think of are aluminum bars, and a pipe, but pipes are outragously expensive. Any help is appreciated.

Well I am not really trying to trim off 10 pounds i would like to but I am only looking for like 3-5. I was just wondering if there was a few components that are significantly heavier than they have to be. Also I want your guys opinions on how the wieght is placed. Does it feel bulky and overwieght or is the wight plced low so it tricks you to it feeling lighter than it is. I wiegh just about 160.

The Dr.D pipe should get you around 2 pounds, both of which are up high on the bike, and add a very real boost to the performance from the lower mid range on up. And they are not as pricey as a lot of their competition (about $400)