Sign in to follow this  

Whats wrong with me--

Last winter, I started seeing floaters in my vision and they have been persistent ever since. My eyes are always bloodshot in the morning, and usually in the evening too. I now see floaters predominantly in my right eye, and they have pretty much stopped in my left. I also frequesntly wake up with a sore throat that goes away within 10 or 15 minutes of being up. Anyone have any idea what this is? Its not serious enough to consult a doctor, I was just wanting some opinions. I also had the flu for a week or two last winter shortly before I started seeing floaters. I was scared that I may had contracted HIV due to an unprotected sexual encounter a few weeks before getting sick, but that was a year ago and I havent had any other symptoms of HIV. Plus, the girl I had the encounter with is seemingly healthy (shes kind of overweight, so I know she isnt sick otherwise she would have lost some weight), and I know of a few other guys who messed around with her and they didnt get sick or anything. I went to the doctor last year when I got sick, and he said I probably had the flu and it was nothing to worry about and then it went away and Ive been fine ever since. I know I was just worrying over nothing, I was just wanting to hear some opinions on the floaters. Keep on ridin'. :cry: :cry:

Damn Dude I dont want to sound like a dick but if you roll around humping fat chicks at least wear a rubber. Then keep it to yourself :cry: Haven't you ever heard "Fat chicks are like scooters?" Lots of fun to ride until your friends catch ya!

Seriously though - About the eye problem - Spend a lot of time in the bright sun day after day? If your worried go see a doc.

:cry:

Now that ya mention it, I developed the floaters in hunting season of last year. I started noticing them when I was spending day after day in snow covered river bottoms, where the the only color was blue sky and white everything else. I have heard people sometimes have them all of their life, and they just notice them at one time or another and become aware of them. Keep on ridin'. :cry: :cry:

The floaters could be normal. I believe it is actually protein. Worse case could be retinal tearing. Since you are experiencing uneven amounts in each eye and it is recent, you should get a thorough eye examination. If you have Retinal tearing, I believe something can be done if caught early enough. Consult a professional.

Oh, and stay away from fat chicks and rentals.

Are you talking about those little wormmy things I see floating sometimes. I just started seeing those last year or so.. About the same time I started drinking protein shakes I hate to admit it but I was taking stackers also (no more) I thought they may have contributed to it...My wife thought I was crazy when I would try to explain what I was seeing... Good post!

Last time i went to get an eye exam ,they had some kind new test ,cant remember what it was testing for but it had something to do with the floater thingies.

The floaters you are seeing are probably normal, and are located on the surface of the cornea. Some people say they are protein links, and others say they are particles of oils or fats. They appear as worm shaped objects floating around. There is the possibility it could be retinal tearing, and an eye exam will check for that.

The sore throat after waking up in the morning, which lasts 10 minutes or so, is normal, especially if you have allergies and breathe through your mouth while you sleep. There is nothing to be concerned about. I have this problem also, especially during allergy season and my nose is stopped up at night quite often.

There is also the possibility that you might have anxiety, which can cause all sorts of worrying about physical symptoms. Dwelling on a particular symptom is a good sign of anxiety.

LL.