Sign in to follow this  

Will the E starter button fit on an S without having to re-wire

My happy button broke while I was out riding today. It had been raining all day and the single track trails I was on were pretty slick with wet leaves covering ruts, rocks and slippery roots. Any way I went slightly off the trail and nailed a tree pretty hard on the left side of the bars and had also dropped it on the right, that is when it stopped working. When I took the starter apart, the plastic piece inside where the wires are connected to broke in the corner where it is screwed down. I got the bike started again and rode back along the two-track to my friends truck.

My friend suggested getting the starter button from the E. My question is, would I be able to use a starter button from an E on my S with out having to do to much rewiring of the starter?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, I have an E starter button on my S after the exact same failure. It fits and works great. :thumbsup:Andrew

Yes, I have an E starter button on my S after the exact same failure. It fits and works great. :thumbsup:Andrew

Hi OSITECH,

Will the connector for the E starter button plug directly into the connector for the S behind the headlight, or did you have to do some rewiring to make it work? Does the E starter button have a kill switch built into it like the starter for the S? If not, what did you use for the kill switch?

Thanks!

Rolled mine down a steep hill and broke the plastic inerds, is that a word? Since Suzuki wanted $70 for the whole assembly, I went to Radio Shack. Found a button for $2.25 just had to take a file to the opening to round it out. Works great except for my crappy solder job.

JL

inerds, is that a word?

That would be correct. Believe it or not, this is the second one that has broken on me. Well, I guess smacking into trees probably doesn't help :cry: The first time I forked out the money for a new one, but I don't want to have too if there is a cheaper alternative that works just as well.

Found a button for $2.25 just had to take a file to the opening to round it out. Works great except for my crappy solder job.

JL

Took your advice and bought a button for $3.99. I rounded out the hole to make the button fit, but I made it a little too big. The button almost goes right through. Soldered it up and it works like a charm. :cry: