Sign in to follow this  

WR280F going to be tested this weekend!!!

Several problems with the stock bike esp when it siezed completely due to bad crank and a few other parts. Had to wait a long time for a 80mm piston and a re-nikasil to the little 250. I'm using YZ timing, a...large....185 main, yes 185! I'm currently riding around up and down through the revs, breaking it in and already I'll have to either go down a few teeth in the back or up 1 in the front, because it pulls and revs a lot better, but she's got some longer legs and tends to run out of a gear quicker than before. Running a Dr. D's pipe, and a host of many other parts. Once I run a couple of tanks of fuel through her and drop the oil a couple more times this bad little bike is going to get a spankin'. :cry:

DOH!!! Saturday when I was all packed up to go riding to test the new kit.. woke up to 8" of snow!!! Seriously thinking on moving to a climate where I can ride 12 months of the years instead of 5. :cry:

I too, am running a 280 setup. My was done by Thumper Raqcing.

I installed the 185 MJ and ran it for a while, but the plug reading shows that it was too lean. I am currently running a 188 MJ, and a 42 PJ. It starts much better, and runs a little cooler.

RH

I'm interested to see you guys are running 185 mj, I have the 280 kit and was told that you should down size your main (can't remember the reason as to why)I'm currently running a 178 mj, have you tried any other sizes to arrive at the 185 ?

Thanks deako :cry:

I was running a 185, but pulled the plug yesterday and it was bright white. No hint of tan at all. So I switched to a 188. I haven't ridden thin setup much yet. Unfortunately, I am recovering from a sprained ankle and probably won't be back on dirt for 2 to 3 weeks. I may have my son test ride it so I can check it out though.

RH