Sign in to follow this  

dr 350s 1991 HELP NEEDED

Hey, are the 91 dr350s supposed to be difficult to kick start? Pain in the foot for me! Even when it's warm I'm having trouble. The guy I bought it from rode in sand all the time. Do you think that might be part of the problem? If I dump the thing at all, it's a pain to get started again. It also seems like the throttle sticks open during a ride sometimes. It's not the throttle control on the handle. I'll just be riding then all of a sudden it sticks. This is the beginning of my problems. help?? :cry:

They generally suck at starting.

If you go back and look at some other threads you'll see than you're not alone.

Seeing as it's 13 years old, maybe it's time for a carb overhaul anyways. check out www.kientech.com too.

Mainly just read some older threads, and you'll pick up some tips.

Try to get a copy of this from your dealer: Suzuki Service Bulletin No. SP/DR/GN/7, Dated 3/16/90. :thumbsup:It will explain, basically, that the kicklever/crank has to be in just the right starting position before kicking down, or else she probably won't start.

I have been going through a steep learning curve with my '91 DR350S that I got a couple of months ago. The service mgr at my local 'zuki dlr set me straight with the starting issue.

Funny how not being able to start my DR took all of the fun out of it. :cry: Its all good now.

:cry: My 350s -91 starts on 3 kicks when cold and on 1-2 when warm and im a newbie.

Use the decomp to find tdc no throttle and kick from the top, if u just kick it will never start.

My bet is that the carb is dirty or has the wrong jets check the sparkplug it should have the same colour as Milk Chocolate.

Did the jet thing still would not start cold, changed to a splitfire spark plug 4 to 5 kicks cold 1 to 2 hot......... :cry: :cry: :cry:

1990 DR 350s

So a splitfire plug did it? Cool! I wonder if the difference is because the plug is new, or because it is a splitfire? What model# Splifire plug is it?