Sign in to follow this  

Need help

I sold my hardley ridden crf250 to my buddy .. it always started 1st kick for me . well it has been a real pain in the ass to start . so my buddy check the valves and the clearence and it was at negative zero ??? this bike has less than 3 hours and had the filter changed every other ride . he is going to re-shim it , but a guy said it is a factory defect .. any help would be great

did you check the plug? u have fresh gas in it? you sure no jets are clogged? my friend had this same problem, it was the plug. Definetely check all those things i mentioned.

It's a pretty common problem with these bikes. About 1/3 of bikes have valve problems. 3 hours really sounds too soon for problems though. Did you get it from a dealer?

Also, once the valves go to zero (or negative zero :cry:) you need new valves. You can re-shim and run it but it 'typically' won't last. A lot of Honda's are sidelined right now waiting for Kibblewhite stainless steel valves - hopefully a good long term solution.

yes I got it from a dealer .... they are no help.

what sucks is that I had no issues with the bike . man I hope my crf450 doesn't have this problem