need help deciding

well first give us more infomation but since we dont have that ill tell you to get the yz 250f

i have the 04 yz250f and i love it. i put hard rides on it and i only checked the vavles once. and they were in spec. the forks are amazing and the power goes on and on. it has great low end and great top end.

the crf has very bad vavle troubles and oil burning. ( even do a searh about the vavles and you will come up with a lot)

that is the only thing i need to now to drive me away from a honda right now. vavles cost a lot of money just think about that.

get the YZ-F Man, smooth power, but enough power to put a blast a berm into outer space, and it also has the best front forks and great handling. ?

Im sorry?....I spent a day comparing the 2 bikes....the CRF power is much more smoothe and usable. The YZF motor is harsh, good for open but no bueno on the tight stuff, especialy with that 4 speed you will end up clutching it like a 2 smoke, YZF is good in the dez i bet....As for suspension the showas the CRf comes stock with are AWESOME and even better with a re valve n such but still great stock, kabayas are kinda trippy for me but some peeps seem to like em.

What type of riding will you be doing? ....Open dezert or nat style mx go for the YZ but trails or any sort of tight sections on your local track and you will be begging for more options on the tranny so CRF for there.

I have heard yamaha smoothed out the motor for 05 but i cant get over that 4 speed tranny ?

My vote goes to the CRF

well first give us more infomation but since we dont have that ill tell you to get the yz 250f

i have the 04 yz250f and i love it. i put hard rides on it and i only checked the vavles once. and they were in spec. the forks are amazing and the power goes on and on. it has great low end and great top end.

the crf has very bad vavle troubles ( even do a searh about the vavles and you will come up with a lot)

that is the only thing i need to now to drive me away from a honda right now. vavles cost a lot of money just think about that.

My crf has 2 seasons on the moto track and I never shimmed a valve once....replaced em all when i blew it up but that has nothign to with the motor that is more due to captain wisky throttle here who dont liek 2nd place ?

I can tell you the YZF valves will be more expensive to replace than the CRF, and they are a lot tougher to check and keep track of.

If you're a good mechanic and like to work on your bikes buy a CRF.

If ya like to ride your bikes, buy a Yamaha ?

As someone so rightly put it awhile back in the WR450 forum... "High maintenance has a color ladies and gentlemen, and that color is red " The valves on the blue bike might cost more to replace, but you'll be replacing them twice as often on the red bike.

get the YZ-F Man, smooth power, but enough power to put a blast a berm into outer space, and it also has the best front forks and great handling.?

I agree man ? My best friend rides an 03-YZ450F, ridden the bike quite a bit.....best engine and the best suspension I've ever used, friggin thing turns on a dime? I've ridden an 02 CRF450 plenty as well....don't like the ergo's, the suspension was good but not great, and the engine seemed mundain in comparision. And yes the CRF's are "ticking time bombs" ( my buddy's a mechanic and has seen many of them grenade?) and they thirst for oil. My buddys ridden two full seasons in the Intermediate class, he won the class so moves up to pro this coming year ? He's had no problems whatsoever with the engine and it's still a beast, and his suspension is dialed ? The only thing I don't like is the seat ??? GO BLUE!

With your weight and the type of riding you do, I would definately go with the 250. I've ridden both the CRF and YZF and I just don't feel comfortable on the Honda. I'm not brand loyal, I just like the Yami better. For racing I wuld reccomend going up one tooth on the rear sprocket, but that's just my preferance.

The best thing to do is ride them both and see what feels good to you.

If you start with the 450 I think you will be dissapointed.