Sign in to follow this  

Evans Creek, WA

Planning on going up to Evans Creek. I was there once years ago on my street legal XR600. I don't remember too much other than the great views of Mt Rainier. Does anyone with good knowledge of the riding area have any good tips on what trails to hit etc? I couldn't find any trail maps or anything online. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tristan

:cry:

There is not alot there, good for a short ride though......and close. I believe I have a map. It is nothing more then a printout on a piece of paper but it is better then nothing. If you have a fax I can send it to you. Let me check and see if I still have it.

Hmm... I thought there was more there. So it is nothing comparable to a Taneum Creek or Capitol Forest? Is it really more of a 4X4 place?

No fax, just computer... Thanks though.

So are guys just going over to Taneum tomorrow or Sunday as well?

The billboard at the main entrance has maps in the box attached to it. There are enough jeep trails and single track to keep you riding most of the day. I was there a couple weeks ago during a jeep poker run, so I avoided the jeep trails.

Hmm... I thought there was more there. So it is nothing comparable to a Taneum Creek or Capitol Forest? Is it really more of a 4X4 place?

No fax, just computer... Thanks though.

So are guys just going over to Taneum tomorrow or Sunday as well?

Tanenum and Capital forest don't even compare. If I remember right there are about 20 miles of trails or so. I would imagine most will only be at Tanenum for Saturday though some might be bringing the trailer and staying the weekend. :cry:

I've only been to Evans Creek once and didn't get explore a lot of it, but it was more a 4x4/Jeep area. Lots of puddles too. Should be really wet today.

xteamwatercross.jpg

Me crossing some 50ft 'puddle' 06-12-04 Evans Creek

Good timing (uh, unless you left this morning... :cry:)! I was cleaning up my desk the other day and came across a few of my trail maps, and the Evans Creek freebie map that Loynz spoke of was one of them. Here's a link to a full-size scan of it (491k in size and the image is too large to post here):

Evans Creek Map

The back of the map says there are "40 miles of 4x4 and motorcycle trails" out there, and doing some quick math on the distances shown for the single track and quad trails shows a tick over 17 miles(?) worth.

I was using a map of 4x4 trails that I found online and didn't find the freebie map until late in the day, but I stumbled across some of the single track while cruising the jeep trails.

I rode there back in early June after a dry spell, so the conditions were great - I have heard that it gets pretty slick after some rain.

And the views of Rainier? :cry: :cry:

Rainier_View.jpg

We ride Evan's all the time. I have heard that if you can handle most of Evan's on a bike you can ride anywhere. Difficulty level is high. Tons out there. Elevation changes are amazing. Ruts and rocks and roots and puddles etc. You can ride all day and not be bored. It is wet and we got absolutely soaked in the pouring rain on Saturday, but still had a great time. Season end is drawing near since the snow will come in November sometime. We know the place almost like the backs of our hands, so if you want to hook up and we can show you around a bit, PM me with your info, and I will give you a heads up next time we go. But be prepared, run at least 18 psi in both tires and bring spare tubes. We used to average about a tube every ride till we learned to add pressure and dodge the sharp rocks.

Shane